IEEE WCCI LIDVI 2010 : Linguistic Description of Visual Information
Call For Papers
Call for papers
Special Session on
"Linguistic Description of Visual Information"
to be organized at IEEE WCCI 2010, Barcelona, Spain, July 18-23, 2010
Organizers: Daniel Sanchez, email@example.com
The ability to describe by means of linguistic
expressions the content of images is characteristics of human beings, in contrast
with the numerical features employed by computers. In order to improve the
communication between humans and computers, it is necessary to provide knowledge
representation models and mathematical tools able to capture and express the
semantics of linguistic descriptors. This is a fundamental basis for the
development of applications based on linguistic description and linguistic interaction
with visual information.
Computational intelligence provides most suitable tools in order to fill the gap
between the description of visual information by humans and machines. The objective
of the special session is to provide a forum for the exposition
and discussion of the most recent developments in the topic of linguistic
description of visual information by means of computational intelligence techniques.
If you are interested in participating, please, send a tentative title and authors to
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 7, 2009.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
- Modelling the semantics of linguistic terms for Image and Video features
- Linguistic description of low-level features: color, texture, and shape.
- Linguistic description of medium-level features: region, area, dominance, spatial
- Linguistic description of high-level features: object recognition, visual concepts,
- Histograms based on linguistic information
- Linguistic description of motion
- Linguistic human-machine interaction with visual information
- Linguistic information extraction from images and video
- Applications based on linguistic description of visual information
Notification of intent to submit: December 7, 2009
Deadline for paper submission: January 31, 2010
Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2010
Final paper submission: May 2, 2010
Conference: July 18-23, 2010
All papers should be submitted electronically through the Congress website
CHOOSING THE SPECIAL SESSION "Linguistic Description of Visual Information".