MITI 2018 : International Conference on Mathematics, Informatics and Information Technologies dedicated to the illustrious scientist Valentin Belousov
Call For Papers
The organization of the international conference dedicated to the illustrious scientist Valentin Belousov is a tribute to the work done both as a teacher and head of the Department of Mathematics at Alecu Russo Balti State University, researcher at the Institute of Mathematics of Academy of Sciences of Moldova, but also as a well-known researcher in the Republic of Moldova and abroad.
The conference will constitute a good opportunity to promote new achievements in the field of mathematics, informatics, information technologies and didactics. The main goal is to offer a place for meetings and participation in discussions of both experienced and young researchers from the Republic of Moldova and from other countries.
Moreover, the conference will give the possibility of new acquaintances and relationships, which will boost constructive communication, the formation of new ideas and establishment of new partnership and agreements.
We strongly encourage young specialists and researchers to participate with scientific reports, the conference represents a good opportunity for sharing their ideas, which are relevant for the whole scientific society.
The conference will be held at Alecu Russo Balti State University, Republic of Moldova.
- Jon D. Phillips, Professor of Mathematics, Head of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Northern Michigan University, USA
- Martin Valcke, Professor ‘Instructional Sciences’, Head of the Department of Educational Studies, Ghent University, Belgium
- Toma Albu, Professor of Mathematics, Senior Researcher, Simion Stoilow Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy, Romania
- Robotics. Internet of things (Endava Chisinau, Republic of Moldova)
- Artificial Inteligence (Centric, Iasi, Romania)
- Algebra and Logic
- Geometry and Topology
- Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems
- Real, Complex, Functional and Numerical Analysis
- Mathematical Modelling in Engineering and Life Sciences
- Probability Theory, Mathematical Statistics, Operations Research
Computer Science & IT:
- Theory of computing
- Artificial intelligence
- Data mining and knowledge discovery
- Cryptography and security
- Aspects of software system development
- Curricula Session Planning
- Enhancing Students’ Motivation
- E-learning issues
- New Technologies for Science Teaching
- Science Teaching Methods.
The list of topics is approximate and can be completed with other areas of scientific interest.
The results of the research will be published in English, Romanian and Russian languages, in the Book of abstracts (each communication 1-2 pages B5) before the beginning of the conference. The authors should conform to the standard copyright regulations and are responsible for the scientific and linguistic accuracy of the text. The Program Committee will select the works that will be communicated, and will announce the authors about the acceptance (or non-acceptance) of the paper.
After the Conference, the Programme Committee will select from the presented papers, the best ones to be published in the Journals: CSJM (Computer Science Journal of Moldova – indexed in Mathematical Reviews, Zentralblatt MATH, MathSciNet, DBLP, DOAJ, EBSCO) or in the Bulletin of Academy of Sciences of Moldova, ser. Mathematics (indexed in Mathematical Reviews, Zentralblatt MATH, SCImago Journal Rank (SJR), Russian RZh Matematika).
The article should start with a succint statement of the problem, presenting the results, their significance and a comparison with previous works (if any), as well as a list of references. The submissions should also include: the title of the proposed paper, author's names, affiliations, addresses, e-mail address of the contact author and keywords which best describe the paper.
The following awards will be given:
- Best Paper awards given by the Award Committee basing on the appreciation of the Program Committee members. The criteria taken into account are: novelty, originality, and importance of the reported work and overall quality of the paper.
- Best Student Paper award given by the Award Committee basing on the same criteria, but choosing out of papers written by full-time students, excluding the papers selected for a Best Paper award.
- Best Presentation award given to oral session authors selected by vote among all participants. The criteria taken into account are: the clarity and overall quality of the presentation, and in lesser degree the technical quality of the presented work.
Award Committee: Prof. Valeriu CABAC, Acad. Mitrofan CIOBAN, Acad. Petar KENDEROV, Cor. Mem. Svetlana COJOCARU, Cor. Mem. Constantin GAINDRIC.
The registration information is required for the proper planning of the event. After registration, the participants will decide on the accomodation optionsȘ a hotel in the city or a possible free reservation in the student hostel. No payments are required at this stage - all payments are to be made on arrival.
- Paper Submission deadline: March 5,2018
- Acceptance notification: March 12, 2018
- Camera ready: March 19, 2018
- Registration Deadline: April 02, 2018
- Conference: April 19 – 21, 2018
- 100 lei (to be paid on arrival) covers the conference materials and coffee breaks.
- No fee: Invited Speakers and young researchers (PhD, master and bachelor students).
- The costs of official dinner and the excursion are not included in the above fees.
- Accommodation and meals will be covered by participants.
- A limited number of rooms at the university hostel will be available.