DEW 2018 : Data Exploration in the Web 3.0 Age (IEEE WETICE 2018 track)
Call For Papers
DEW 2018: Data Exploration in the Web 3.0 Age (DEW 2018)
Conference Track @27th IEEE WETICE Conference
Paris, France, June 27-29, 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS
Over the course of the last years, currently emerging Web 3.0 environments have provided a strong potential for the integration of data sources, applications and tools. In such a pervasive and highly dynamic scenario, existing techniques for accessing and managing web content seem to be actually inadequate to satisfy the user needs. More implicit and automatic ways of exploring data information are needed to improve the usability of web resources.
These challenges are not limited to enhance information retrieval, but aims to raise awareness of how such information can be put to use in order to transform a specific dataset into a particularly significant resource when used in conjunction with other sources of information, also raising several important challenges for future data and web mining methods.
The goal of the Data Exploration in the Web 3.0 Age (DEW 2018) IEEE track is to bring together researchers and practitioners working in the areas related to data exploration, in a very broad sense. The track welcomes contributions from data mining, query languages, data visualization, graph databases and other fields related to the analysis and exploitation of data. Papers focusing on Semantic technologies and Graph databases are particularly welcome.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Any work related to data exploration is welcome. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Text and Data Mining, Knowledge Discovery
* Faceted Search and Browsing
* Information Retrieval
* Data Visualization and UX for Web 3.0 data
* Querying interfaces and languages including Constrained natural languages
* Entity Recognition and merging, Type classification, record linkage and property ranking
* Privacy and Security issues in Data Exploration
* Machine learning and statistical methods for natural language and Web 3.0 data
* Platforms and Applications exploring data in all domains including social, web, bioinformatics and finance
* Knowledge graph creation, reasoning, and exploration
* Data streams and the Internet of Things
* Semantic Web and Linked Data analytics
Maurizio Atzori, University of Cagliari
Barbara Pes, University of Cagliari
Technical Program Committee
SUBMISSIONS AND PROCEEDINGS
Papers up to six (6) double-column pages (including figures, tables and references) should contain original contributions not published or submitted elsewhere and are to be formatted according to the IEEE template provided at the DEW 2018 website. Technical paper authors MUST submit their manuscripts through EasyChair in PDF format.
Accepted papers will be included in the proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society Press in a volume available under IEEE Digital Library. The proceedings will be submitted for indexing through INSPEC, Compendex, Thomson Reuters, DBLP, Google Scholar and EI Index, and available in both Elsevier Scopus and ISI Web of Science databases.
Distinguished quality papers presented at the DEW 2018 will be also selected for publication in internationally renowned journals.
* Abstract submission deadline: February 19, 2018
* Submission deadline: February 26, 2018
* Notification of acceptance: April 8, 2018
* Camera-ready submission: April 13, 2018
CONTACT: For any question regarding DEW 2018 please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org