BDVA 2018 : 4th International Symposium on Big Data Visual and Immersive Analytics
Call For Papers
4th International Symposium on Big Data Visual and Immersive Analytics (BDVA 2018)
Call for Papers
Konstanz, Germany - October 17th to October 19th 2018.
The BDVA 2018 Symposium is calling for contributions in the area of Visual Analytics and Immersive Analytics of Big Data. Submit your work and be part of a vibrant venue that will bring together an exciting programme with internationally renowned keynote speakers, special sessions, and workshops: http://bdva.net
Visual Analytics plays a major role in the analysis and decision-making processes for science, industry, and government organisations. Immersive Analytics combines the well-established field of Visual Analytics with Virtual and Augmented Reality to empower multi-sensory experiences. Recent immersive technologies bring promising opportunities to interact with Big Data, coming from geo-science, biomedical applications, collective behaviour, text mining, crime analysis, among others.
Symposium topics include but are not limited to:
- Immersive Analytics
- Foundations of Immersive Analytics
- Immersive Storytelling
- Scalable Visual Analytics
- Volunteer Geographic Information
- Virtual and Augmented Reality for Analytics
- Visual Analytics of High-dimensional Data
- Big Data Management, Transformation, and Presentation
- Machine Learning and Data Mining for Big Data Visual Analytics
- Analytical Reasoning and Sense-making on Big Data
- Human-Computer Interaction on Big Data
- High Performance Computing for Visualisation
- Context-driven User Querying
- Semantics-driven Visual Analytics
Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished regular papers up to 8 pages that report novel and mature work. Paper quality versus length will be assessed based on a contribution-per-page judgment. The symposium proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore. It is a condition of publication that accepted papers are presented by one of the authors. All accepted papers will be presented during the symposium. Presenters must register before the camera-ready deadline to avoid withdrawal from the symposium proceedings and programme. All Submissions are due on 24 June 2018.
Your publicity and organising chairs,
Alfie Abdul-Rahman, Alexandra Diehl, Björn Sommer.