DTGS 2018 : Digital Transformation & Global Society
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
Third International Conference “Digital Transformation & Global Society” (DTGS 2018)
30 May – 1 June 2018, St. Petersburg, Russia
DTGS is an emerging international academic forum for the interdisciplinary Internet Studies field. The mission of the conference is to provide a collaborative platform for researchers and experts to discuss the transformative impact of digital technologies on the way we communicate, work and live.
The event is jointly organized by the ITMO University and the National Research University Higher School of Economics (St. Petersburg Campus), both being the leading universities, globally known for their research in information technologies, communication and social sciences.
DTGS welcomes multidisciplinary papers that apply Social and Humanitarian Studies to the research on institutions, practices, communications and behavior in cyberspace. The general program falls into the following tracks:
- eSociety: Social Informatics, Virtual Communities, Ethical and Security Issues
- ePolity: Politics in Cyberspace, Electronic & Smart Governance, E-Democracy & Participation, Open Government & Data
- eHumanities: Digital Culture, Education and Communication Issues
- eCity: Smart Cities, Urban Governance and Planning using ICTS
- eEconomy: Digital Economy and ICT – driven Economic Institutions and Practices
- eCommunication: Online Political Communication, the New Media and Social Relations
- Workshop on Internet Psychology: Online Cognition, Digital Socialization, Identity & Self-Presentation Online, Psychology of Gaming & Cybersport, The Use of Immersive and Augmented Reality in Psychology, Problematic & Pathologic Online Behavior, Psychology of Social Networking & Mobile Interactions, Big Data in Cyberpsychology, Psychological Aspects of Cybersecurity
- Workshop on Computational Linguistics: Computer Modeling of Language, Natural Language Processing, Speech Technologies, Digital Linguistic Resources, Linguistic Analysis of Social Networks
Stephen COLEMAN, Professor of Political Communication at the University of Leeds, author of Can the Internet Strengthen Democracy (Cambridge: Polity Press, 2017), How Voters Feel (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2013) and other prominent books and articles on political communication and online democracy.
Anthony FAIOLA, Professor and Head of the Department of Biomedical and Health Information Sciences at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Dr. Faiola's research is positioned at the intersection of health informatics and human-computer interaction—where he focuses on advancing the information science of socio-technical systems (such as mobile health technology) that support clinical work and personal health and wellness.
YOUNG SCHOLARS FORUM
The special Poster Track for PhD students and young scientists is organized on May 30. Authors of accepted posters will have a chance to discuss their papers and get feedback to advance their research. Best posters are to be expanded and published in the Conference Proceedings.
The language of the conference is English. All submissions will undergo a double-blind peer review by at least three PC members. We welcome original unpublished contributions presenting completed (12-15 pages) or ongoing (10-12 pages) research, as well as experience papers (10-12 papers). All submissions are accepted via the EasyChair system only.
Paper Submission: 1 February 2018
Panels & Round-Tables Proposals submission: 1 February 2018
Notification: 20 March 2018
Revised (Final) Paper Submission: 1 May 2018
Registration and Fees Payment: 20 March – 1 April 2018
Poster Track: 30 May 2018
Main Conference: 31 May – 1 June 2018
All accepted papers and the best posters are to be published in the Communications in Computer and Information Science proceedings series by Springer (indexed in Scopus).
See our previous volumes here:
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Daniel A. ALEXANDROV, DTGS Conference Chair, Professor at the National Research University Higher School of Economics
Alexander V. BOUKHANOVSKY, DTGS Conference Chair, Professor at the ITMO University
Andrei V. CHUGUNOV, Head of the E-Governance Center at the ITMO University, DTGS Organization Committee Head
Olessia KOLTSOVA, Head of the Internet Studies Lab at the National Research University Higher School of Economics
http://dtgs-conference.org/ (new website)
Conference Director: Yury KABANOV, National Research University Higher School of Economics