SCN-TMC 2018 : SI on Trust Management in the Cyber-Security Era
Call For Papers
The cyber world is facing more sophisticated and organised attacks than ever before; from targeted attacks like Stuxnet to massive incidents like the recent case of the WannaCry ransomware, the list is ever growing. We are falling behind in protecting our systems, networks, and critical infrastructures due to various shortcomings in existing solutions. This is due, but not limited, to poor implementations of security primitives in software, irregular software patch management on the user side, lack of decentralised trust management schemes, absence of meaningful sharing of threat information across entities, and lack of collaboration among security solutions like intrusion detection systems.
The aforementioned problems can be addressed via the utilization of computational trust, both from a trust management perspective and from computation and quantification of trust. In fact, in the current era of cyber-security, trust management, assessment, and quantification are essential means to establish trust on and within complex systems, networks, and infrastructures. Nevertheless, up to recently the areas of computational trust and cyber-security were working in parallel without much of an intersection.
Therefore, this special issue calls (https://www.hindawi.com/journals/scn/si/749193/cfp/) for high-quality and original articles in the aforesaid intersection of trust management and cyber-security. In addition, this issue welcomes review articles which describe the current state of the art.
Potential topics include but are not limited to the following:
• Security and privacy quantification in networked systems
• Trust-aware collaboration between security solutions, for example, IDSs and honeypots
• Trust-aware threat intelligence sharing
• Trust-aware security for vehicular communication
• Trust management in botnet monitoring
• Trust management in/using Blockchain for cyber-security
• Trust management in distributed systems and networks
• Trust management in the Internet of Things (IoT)
• Trust management in social networks
• Trust management in digital marketplaces
• Trust management in cloud computing environments
• Attacks on the reputation, trust, or collaboration components of security systems and algorithms
• Trust management in/using Software Defined Networks (SDN)
• Human aspects of trust management and cyber-security
Authors can submit their manuscripts through the Manuscript Tracking System at https://mts.hindawi.com/submit/journals/scn/tmc/.
Submission Deadline Friday, 29 December 2017 (Extended deadline)
Publication Date May 2018
Papers are published upon acceptance, regardless of the Special Issue publication date.
Lead Guest Editor
• Sheikh M. Habib, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany
• Carol Fung, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
• Emmanouil Vasilomanolakis, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany
• Stephen Marsh, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Oshawa, Canada
• Jason R. C. Nurse, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK