SACLA 2018 : 47th Annual Conference of the Southern African Computer Lecturers' Association
Call For Papers
International Call for Papers:
47th Annual Conference of the
Southern African Computer Lecturers Association
18-20 June 2018
Venue: Krystal Beach Hotel, Harbour Island, Gordons Bay
(Western Cape, South Africa)
SACLA 2018, the 47th Annual Conference of the Southern African Computer Lecturers Association, provides a forum for the discussion of original research and practical experiences in teaching and learning of Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology and related disciplines, as well as the use of software tools in support of education more broadly.
The conference programme will include technical paper sessions, plenary keynote addresses, demonstrations and panels/workshops. Demonstrations of innovative tools from researchers and industrial partners will be a key part of the programme.
We invite submissions of full and short papers on relevant topics from researchers and practitioners from any country.
Submissions can be on any relevant topic, including:
* Education-oriented research or classroom experience
* Innovative teaching techniques or pedagogical tools
* Curricular innovations or initiatives
* Curriculum adaptations for relevance to discipline/students
* Innovative industry-education collaboration interventions
* Relevance of program/curriculum design to address local opportunities and challenges
* Didactics and methods of teaching and assessment
* Ethical problems
* Transition of newly graduated school pupils
* Transition of newly graduated students into industry
* International comparability of degrees and levels of knowledge/skills/performance
* Separation or combination of teaching and research
* Post-hoc analysis of successes and failures in teaching and learning
Submission and Publication:
We invite the submission of FULL PAPERS (maximum of 16 CCIS/LNCS pages) and SHORT PAPERS (about 6--8 CCIS/LNCS pages) to report original previously-unpublished research and practical experience (with results) in the topic areas of the conference. Full papers typically report on completed and mature research results while short papers report on works in progress with significant intermediate results.
Only original, unpublished, research papers in English will be considered.
Accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
A special selection of very good papers will be published as 'revised post-proceedings' after the conference.
All papers must follow the CCIS/LNCS template, which is located on the Springer website at: http://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines.
Moreover, authors are recommended to anonymize their submissions for double-blind review.
Submissions can be made via Easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sacla2018.
* Paper Submission deadline: 28th February 2018 AoE (Anywhere on Earth)
* Due date for reviews: 03rd April 2018
* Notification of paper acceptance: 10th April 2018
* Early registration deadline: 23rd April 2018
* Registration deadline: 29th May 2018
Lisa Seymour, University of Cape Town (Information Systems), Conference Chair
Salah Kabanda, University of Cape Town (Information Systems), Co-Programme Chair
Hussein Suleman, University of Cape Town (Computer Science), Co-Programme Chair
Stefan Gruner, University of Pretoria, Springer CCIS Publication
Stephan Jamieson, University of Cape Town (Computer Science), Local Publication
Pitso Tsibolane, University of Cape Town (Information Systems), Marketing and Publicity
Aslam Safla, University of Cape Town (Computer Science), Web Administration