BIDMA 2018 : International Symposium on Big Data Management and Analytics
Call For Papers
BIDMA organizing committee invites you to participate in the third International Symposium on Big Data Management and Analytics (BIDMA 2018), to be held on April 24-25, in Calgary, Canada. The theme topics of the symposium include the technology aspect of Big Data management, as well as business and application aspects of different services (web-based services, cloud-based services, business services, mobile services, and Big Data services).
Only abstract submission is required for acceptance before the conference. Authors will be asked to submit full papers after the conference to be published.
Papers can be submitted to one of the following tracks:
a) Academic Track
The objective of the Academic Track at BIDMA 2018 is to provide a strong basis for collaboration among researchers to conduct research in the field of data management and data analytics. BIDMA 2018 strives to offer papers which describe various tools, techniques, and methodologies which explore the contemporary challenges with data management, processing, and analytics.
b) Industry Track
The objective of the Industry Track at BIDMA 2018 is to establish dialogue and encourage collaboration among practitioners and researchers in the data analytics community. The industry track papers will address the application of data management and data analytics to a specific problem domain.
c) Education Track
This track explores research questions surrounding the role of data in education. Topics such as data-driven education as well as Big Data in curricula are addressed.
d) Thesis Track
This track is intended for students at any stage of their Ph.D. work. The selected students will be requested to present their work in a special session of the BIDMA 2018 Symposium. These Students will be given an opportunity to get feedback and advice on how to improve their Ph.D. thesis research.
Major topics include but not limited to the following:
Big Data Models, Algorithms, and Architecture
• Foundational Models for Big Data
• Algorithms and Programming Techniques for Big Data Processing
• Big Data Analytics and Metrics
• Representation Formats for Multimedia Big Data
• Cloud Computing Techniques for Big Data
• Big Data as a Service
• Big Data Open Platforms
• Algorithms and Systems for Big Data Search
• Machine learning based on Big Data
• Visualization Analytics for Big Data
Big Data Management and Analytics
• Big Data Persistence and Preservation
• Big Data Quality and Provenance Control
• Management Issues of Social Network Big Data
• Privacy-Preserving Big Data Analytics
Security Applications of Big Data
• Anomaly Detection in Very Large Scale Systems
• Collaborative Threat Detection using Big Data Analytics
• Big Data Encryption
Big Data for Enterprise, Government, and Society
• Big Data Economics
• Real-life Case Studies of Value Creation through Big Data Analytics
• Big Data for Business Model Innovation
• Big Data Toolkits
• Big Data in Business Performance Management
• Scientific Applications of Big Data
• Large-scale Social Media and Recommendation Systems
• Experiences with Big Data Project Deployments
• Big Data in Enterprise Management Models and Practices
• Big Data in Government Management Models and Practices
• Big Data in Smart Planet Solutions
• Big Data for Enterprise Transformation
Big Data in Education
• Curriculum Development in Big Data
• Pedagogical Methods in Big Data Analysis
• Data Science Curricula
• Development and Challenges in Data-Oriented Education
• Building Repositories to Support Education
Best Paper Award
BIDMA will be presenting a Best Paper award. The best paper will be selected by separate committee and will be the one that reports the most novel and promising research work that has a high potential impact in the real world. The prize consists of an official certificate and reward in cash.
Accepted papers will be published in a Springer book as part of the book series: “Studies on Big Data.” Please see publications from previous BIDMA conferences for details:
Extended Abstracts are welcome. Full papers will be published in an edited book after the conference.Full paper manuscripts must be in English with a maximum length of 6 pages (using the IEEE two-column template).Submissions should be in PDF and include the title, author(s), affiliation(s), e-mail address(es) and abstract on the first page. The EasyChair submission link is: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bidma2018