ML 2010 : MOBILE LEARNING 2010 (1st call extension): 4 December 2009
Call For Papers
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students
-- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (1st call extension): 4 December 2009 --
IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE MOBILE LEARNING 2010
Porto, Portugal, 19 to 21 March 2010
* Conference background and goals
Mobile Learning, a Retrospective Outlook
Since its inauguration in 2005, the IADIS Mobile Learning conference series has provided a forum to present, discuss and promote international mobile learning research.
Past conference themes have focused on pedagogical approaches most suited for mobile learning such as collaborative, contextual, and constructivist which support data collection, context & location awareness and distributed activities. In 2007 the conference aimed to harness an international perspective on the ‘big issues’ in mobile learning by discussing topics such as the conflict between personal informal learning and traditional classroom education, the evaluation of mobile learning and appropriate methods for this setting, the design of mobile learning activities and the integration of mobile devices in the broader educational scenarios, among others. In 2008, our concern was to explore various dimensions of the learners’ mobility for example, physical, conceptual and social, to discern how these in conjunction with mobile and fix technologies may support learning. Last year, the conference debated the increasing phenomenon of user generated content, in particular mobile media.
Five years on, the IADIS Mobile Learning 2010 International Conference seeks to provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of mobile learning research which provides a retrospective outlook of the field. We seek contributions under the topics below which illustrate developments in the field.
* Format of the Conference
The conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations. The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a book and CD-ROM with ISBN, and will be available also in the IADIS Digital Library (accessible on-line).
The best paper authors will be invited to publish extended versions of their papers in the IADIS Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems (ISSN: 1646-3692) and also in other selected Journals.
* Types of submissions
Full and Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations, Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium. All submissions
are subject to a blind refereeing process.
We invite researchers, practitioners, developers and all those working in the mobile learning arena to submit work under the following topics:
• Pedagogical approaches and theories for mLearning
• mLearning in formal educational institutions
• Integrating mLearning with broader educational scenarios
• Informal and lifelong mLearning
• Learner mobility & transitions across physical, conceptual, social space and technologies
• User Studies in mLearning
• Mobile social media & user generated content
• Enabling mLearning technologies, applications & uses
• Evaluation and evaluation methodologies for mLearning
• Tools, technologies and platforms for mLearning
• Mobile Web 2.0 applications for mLearning
• Mobile game-based learning
* Important Dates:
- Submission deadline (1st call extension): 4 December 2009
- Notification to Authors (1st call extension): 6 January 2010
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (1st call extension): Until 27 January 2010
- Late Registration (1st call extension): After 27 January 2010
- Conference: Porto, Portugal, 19 to 21 March 2010
* Conference Location
The conference will be held in Porto, Portugal.
IADIS Secretariat - IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE MOBILE LEARNING 2010
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
Web site: http://www.mlearning-conf.org/
* Program Committee
Mobile Learning 2010 Program Chair
Inmaculada Arnedillo Sánchez, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Mobile Learning 2010 Conference Chair
Pedro Isaías, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal
to be announced
Committee Members: *
* for committee list please refer to http://www.mlearning-conf.org/committees.asp
* Co-located events
Please also check the co-located events:
e-Society 2010 (http://www.esociety-conf.org/) - 18-21 March 2010
Information Systems 2010 (http://www.is-conf.org/) - 18-20 March 2010
* Registered participants in the Mobile Learning’ conference may attend e-Society and Information Systems
conferences’ sessions free of charge.