MAW 2010 : The 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Mining and Web
Call For Papers
======== IEEE MAW10 Call for Papers ========
Submission Deadline Extended: November 30, 2009
The 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Mining and Web (MAW10)
Perth, Australia --- April 20-23, 2010
(submission deadline: November 22, 2009)
In conjunction with the 24th IEEE AINA Conference
As the Web has become a major source of information, techniques and methodologies to extract quality information is of paramount importance for many Web applications and users. Data mining and knowledge discovery play key roles in many of today’s prominent Web applications such as e-commerce and computer security.
Following the success of MAW08 in Okinawa Japan and MAW09 in Bradford UK, MAW10 aims to bring together scientists, engineers, and practitioners to discuss, exchange ideas, and present their research on mining the Web. Topics of interest that MAW10 covers include general mining techniques and methodologies, as well as their application to the Web (but are not limited to):
* Text, Data, and Media Mining
* Natural Language Processing
* Information Retrieval and Knowledge Discovery
* Social Networks and On-Line Communities
* Information Categorisation, Clustering, and Fusion
* Web Search, Ranking and Optimisation
* Collaborative Filtering, Personalisation and Recommender Systems
* Semantic Web and Ontology
* Cyber Security, Privacy, and Trust
* e-Technology, e-Government, and e-Learning
* Wikis and Blogs Mining
* Web and Business Intelligence
* Web Evolution and Analytics
Submission Deadline (Extended): November 30, 2009 (23:59 PST)
Author Notification On (Extended): December 15, 2009
Author Registration Deadline: January 15, 2010
Final Manuscript Due: January 15, 2010
Original full papers of at most 6 (six) pages including figures and references in PDF (IEEE Proceedings Style: two columns, single-spaced, 10 font) are solicited.
Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, if the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors will register and present at the conference.
Accepted papers will be published by the IEEE Conference Publishing Services (CPS) and archived in the Digital Library. Extended version of selected papers will be considered for publication in several journals.