PROPOR 2018 : The 13th International Conference on the Computational Processing of Portuguese
Conference Series : Processing of the Portuguese Language
Call For Papers
First CFP: PROPOR 2018 - The 13th International Conference on the Computational Processing of Portuguese
-- First Call for Papers --
The 13th International Conference on the Computational Processing of Portuguese
September 24-26, 2018 -- Canela, RS, Brazil
Deadline for paper submission: April 15, 2018
The International Conference on Computational Processing of Portuguese (PROPOR) is the main event in the area of human language processing that is focused on theoretical and technological issues of written and spoken Portuguese. The meeting has been a very rich forum for the exchange of ideas and partnerships for the research communities dedicated to the automated processing of Portuguese, promoting the development of methodologies, resources and projects that can be shared among researchers and practitioners in the field.
We call for papers describing work on any topic related to computational language and speech processing of Portuguese by researchers in the industry or academia. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Human speech production, perception and communication
* Linguistic description and theories
* Natural language processing tasks (e.g. parsing, word sense disambiguation, coreference resolution),
* Natural language processing applications (e.g. question answering, subtitling, summarization, sentiment analysis)
* Speech technologies (e.g. spoken language generation, speech and speaker recognition, spoken language understanding)
* Speech applications (e.g. spoken language interfaces, dialogue systems, speech-to-speech translation)
* Resources, standardization and evaluation (e.g. corpora, ontologies, lexicons, grammars)
* Language and speech processing in academic disciplines
* Portuguese language variants and dialect processing
* Multilingual studies, methods, applications and resources including Portuguese
PROPOR 2018 will be the 13th edition of the biennial PROPOR conference, hosted alternately in Brazil and in Portugal. Past meetings were held in Lisbon, PT (1993); Curitiba, BR (1996); Porto Alegre, BR (1998); Évora, PT (1999); Atibaia, BR (2000); Faro, PT (2003); Itatiaia, BR (2006); Aveiro, PT (2008); Porto Alegre, BR (2010); Coimbra, PT (2012); São Carlos, BR (2014) and Tomar, PT (2016).
Submissions should describe original, unpublished work. Authors are invited to submit two kinds of papers:
* Full papers - Reporting substantial and completed work, especially those that may contribute in a significant way to the advancement of the area. Wherever appropriate, concrete evaluation results should be included. Full papers can have up to 8 content pages + 2 pages for references.
* Short papers - Reporting small, focused contributions such as ongoing work, position papers, potential ideas to be discussed, negative results, or an interesting application nugget. Short papers can have up to 4 content pages + 1 page for references.
Each submission will be evaluated by at least three reviewers. As reviewing will be double-blind, submitted papers must be anonymized, that is, they should not contain the authors' names and affiliations. Authors must avoid self-references that reveal identity, like, "We previously showed (Smith, 1991) ...". Instead, they should prefer citations such as "Smith (1991) previously showed ...". Separate author identification information will be required as part of the submission process.
Submissions should be written in English. At submission time, only PDF format is accepted. For the final versions, authors of accepted papers will be given 1 extra content page to take the reviews into account. Authors of accepted papers will be requested to send the source files for the production of the proceedings. All submitted papers must conform to Springer LNAI stylesheet using the LaTeX or MS Word templates below:
* LaTeX styelesheet: ftp://ftp.springernature.com/cs-proceeding/llncs/llncs2e.zip
* MS Word stylesheet: ftp://ftp.springernature.com/cs-proceeding/llncs/word/splnproc1703.zip
The URL for paper submission, will be published on the conference website.
### Multiple-submission policy
For submissions that have been or will be submitted to other meetings or publications, this information must be provided at submission time. If a submission is accepted, authors must notify the program chairs indicating which meeting they choose for presentation of their work. Papers that will be (or have been) published elsewhere, cannot be accepted for publication or presentation.
### Important dates
* Full and short paper submission deadline: April 15, 2018 - 23:59 (GMT-11)
* Notification of paper acceptance or rejection: June 15, 2018
* Camera-ready papers due: July 1, 2018
* Conference: September 24-26, 2018
The proceedings of PROPOR 2018 will be published by Springer as a volume of the Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence Series. They will be available online. To ensure publication, at least one author of each accepted paper must complete a full registration for PROPOR 2018 by the early registration deadline.
* Aline Villavicencio, UFRGS (Brazil)
* Viviane Moreira, UFRGS (Brazil)
Technical program chairs:
* Alberto Abad (INESC-ID, Portugal)
* Helena Caseli (UFSCAR, Brazil)
* Pablo Gamallo (University of Santiago Compostela, Galiza/Spain)
* Carlos Ramisch (Aix-Marseille University, France)
Contact email: email@example.com