WPC 2018 : Wireless Power Congress
Call For Papers
Wireless Power Congress
March 21-22, 2018 - Konferenzzentrum München - Munich, Germany
Call for Papers & Workshops
Safety first: New technologies like wireless power must work safe. Users don’t have to watch and supervise a wireless power system. It has to run autonomous and self-monitored. Transmitters have to identify receivers, living objects and foreign object correctly. They have to manage the power transmission to fit the receiver capability and to protect living objects against injury and themselves against damage. These features are important, also for reasons of compliance and approval – especially for high power systems with high magnetic field strength and for wireless power systems for larger distances.
With the propagation of wireless powered devices the demand for higher power systems increases. Mass market applications like Smartphones and consumer electronics and consumer appliances will open new opportunities for wireless power technologies.
Circuit and systems design engineers need the latest information and know how in order to stay up to date in the rapidly progressing wireless power world.
The German technical journal Elektronik, supported by the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC), is therefore staging the Wireless Power Congress on March 21-22, 2018 in Munich.
The Wireless Power Congress is the forum of excellence for exchange of knowledge and experience among wireless power professionals in research, development and application.
The program committee of the Wireless Power Congress invites you to submit proposals for speaking opportunities, presentations (approx. 30 min) and workshops or tutorials (approx. 1.5 or 3 hrs.). In addition, we warmly invite academia to give an insight into their future-driven research and development.
Papers are to be presented in English. Contributions shall look at fundamentals, trends, technologies, applications, standardization, certification and estimations of the market. Workshops will deal with basic themes and last 1.5 or 3 hrs. All contributions shall be purely technical and practically oriented. Marketing-oriented papers will not be considered. All submissions will be reviewed and judged by the program committee.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, trends, design, technology and applications in the following sectors:
- wireless power technologies
- transmitter and receiver design
- communication and data transmission
- security and safety
- international directives and regulatory issues
- power management
- multi receiver technologies
- wireless charging
- standards and interoperability
- system integration
- high power wireless power transmission
- energy harvesting and wireless power technologies for larger distances
- wireless power for industrial applications
- wireless power for health and medical applications
- wireless power for automotive applications
- wireless power for transportation
- wireless power for wearables and mobile devices
- EMC & interoperability problems
- wireless power for harsh environments
- semiconductors and components technologies
- power control technologies
- miniaturization and systems efficiency
- identification and foreign object detection
- test- and measurement tools for wireless power
- underwater wireless power transfer
- other topics out of the wide spectrum of “wireless power technologies”
In parallel, we plan to offer specific technology tracks and workshops for in-depth information into the leading wireless power standards and technologies.
Please make a note of the following deadlines:
- Deadline for abstracts: November 9, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: end of November, 2017
- Deadline for final paper: February 12, 2018
Please submit your proposal online under: www.wireless-power-congress.com
We are looking forward to your submission!