SS-SC-IEEE Access Journal 2017 : Special Section of IEEE Access Journal:SOCIAL COMPUTING APPLICATIONS FOR SMART CITIES
Call For Papers
IEEE Access invites manuscript submissions in the area of SOCIAL COMPUTING APPLICATIONS FOR SMART CITIES.
Computer and social sciences offer a wide set of tools to help facing the planetary challenges arising in smart city scenarios and involving environment, energy, food, water, transportation, infrastructures, society, healthcare, education, governance, and economy. Indeed, purely technical solutions might be of little effect without proper consideration of the social dimension of the smart city: user’s behavior depends on a variety of social and individual motivations, which require addressing both the technical and the social side of the problem to promote the active engagement of individuals in increasing the social good.
More specifically, social computing tools can be targeted to a wide range of Smart Cities applications, including e.g. mobility, urban transport and fleet logistics management (possibly leveraging electric vehicles or other intelligent transportation systems); traffic, public safety and air pollution monitoring via smart traffic lights, smart signals and lampposts; automation of Smart Buildings and homes with the aim of improving energy efficiency, livability and age-friendliness; smart health; Smart Industries, electricity grids, water systems, and solid waste management; frameworks for educational, cultural, and entertainment initiatives.
This Special Section on social computing applications for smart cities aims to bring together researchers to disseminate their findings in the field of social computing while pushing forward the potential cooperation with related engineering fields in the context of Smart Cities. Original scientific contributions (including experimental/pilot project assessments) and overview/survey papers are welcomed.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Social Media Analytics and Intelligent Social Media
• Social Behavior Modeling
• Sentiment Analysis , Opinion Representation, and Influence Process Modeling
• Methods for motivating contribution and participation in social computing systems
• Middleware for developing social computing applications
• Privacy mechanisms related to social computing data and systems
• Design and evaluation of behavioural change support systems for sustainability
• Recommender systems and social matchmaking systems for mobility and resource consumption
• Crowdsourcing, collaborative content creation and social collaboration tools
• Social gaming and gamified interactions
• Modeling, analysis and knowledge extraction of users social interactions in mobile and pervasive social networks
• Experimental platforms and testbeds for social interaction in smart cities
We also highly recommend the submission of multimedia with each article as it significantly increases the visibility, downloads, and citations of articles.
Associate Editor: Dr. Cristina Rottondi, Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Switzerland
1. Prof. Piero Fraternali, Dept. of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
2. Dr. Giacomo Verticale, Dept. of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
3. Prof. Jasminko Novak, European Institute for Participatory Media and University of Applied Sciences Straslund, Germany
4. Dr. Balázs Hidasi, Gravityrd, Hungary
5. Prof. Konstantinos Pelechrinis, School of Information Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, PA
6. Prof. Carmen Karina Vaca-Ruiz, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, Ecuador
Relevant IEEE Access Special Sections:
1) Recent Advances in Socially-aware Mobile Networking
2) Socially Enabled Networking and Computing
3) Advances of Multisensory Services and Technologies for Healthcare in Smart Cities
4) Intelligent Sensing on Mobile and Social Media Analytics
IEEE Access Editor-in-Chief: Michael Pecht, Professor and Director, CALCE, University of Maryland
Paper submission: Contact Associate Editor and submit manuscript to: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ieee-access
For information regarding IEEE Access including its publication policy and fees, please visit the website http://ieeeaccess.ieee.org
For inquiries regarding this Special Section, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org