DISC 2018 : Special Issue on Data Intelligence in Sustainable Computing, Journal of Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems
Call For Papers
I. AIMS & SCOPE
Computational sustainability is a broad field that aims to optimize our environmental resources using methods from engineering, mathematics and computer science. Data intelligence techniques play a critical role in sustainable computing. Recent advances in data management, data modeling, data analysis and artificial intelligence are finding applications in energy network and thus making our environment more sustainable.
While the opportunities and challenges co-exist, this special issue is to report advances in data intelligence and its applications on sustainable computing. We expect the ideas, technologies and findings reported in the papers to be novel and inspiring.
All manuscripts about data intelligence techniques and its application in sustainable computing are welcome. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Big data analysis for sustainable computing
• Deep learning for sustainable computing
• Statistical learning for sustainable computing
• Power-aware data management
• Power-efficient data centers
• Power-efficient algorithms
• Data intelligence in smart grid
• Senor network for environmental monitoring
• Resource modeling and management
• Scheduling and allocation
• Energy internet
• Green data centers and enterprise computing
All submissions must be original and may not be under review by another publication. A submission based on one or more papers that appeared elsewhere has to comprise major value-added extensions over what appeared previously (at least 30% new material), and the authors must provide a summary of the new contributions. Submission to this special issue is by two routes: (1) Invited Papers and (2) Open Call-for-papers:
1. Extended versions of selected relevant papers from ICDIS-2018 (International Conference on Data Intelligence and Security) will be invited for consideration by the guest editors.
2. We also plan to publicize an open call-for-papers (CFP) by listing the CFP in major academic announcement mailing lists/websites around the world. We estimate there will be a number of submissions via the open call-for-papers.
Paper submissions for the special issue should follow the submission format and guidelines for regular Elsevier Journal of Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems https://www.journals.elsevier.com/sustainable-computing/.
All the papers will be peer-reviewed following the SUSCOM reviewing procedures. Authors should select “DI in SC” when they reach the “Article Type” step in the submission process.
IV. IMPORTANT DATES
Manuscript due date: August 1, 2018
First decision notification: October 1, 2018
Tentative publication: May, 2019
V. GUEST EDITORS
University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
University of Science and Technology of China, China
Tshinghua University, China
University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, USA