AffCon 2018 : AAAI Workshop on Affective Content Analysis
Call For Papers
AffCon 2018 : The AAAI Workshop on Affective Content Analysis
CALL FOR PAPERS:
Affect analysis refers to the set of techniques which identify and measure the ‘experience of an emotion’. This workshop focuses on analyzing affect in content including text, audio, images, and videos. All methods and models that measure affective responses to content are in the scope of the workshop.
We invite submissions on topics including - but not limited to - text and multimedia, multilingual analysis and understanding of affective content, applications of affect–based language processing, spoken vs. written language comparison, and analysis of online text content: both user generated and planned marketing communication. Specific examples of fields of interests include (but are not limited to):
- Affect modeling in content
- Computational models for consumer behavior theories
- Psycho-linguistics, including stylometrics and typography
- Affect-aware text generation
- Spoken and formal language comparison
- Psycho-demographic profiling
- Measurement and evaluation of affective content
- Modeling consumer’s affect reactions
- Affect lexica for online marketing communication
- Affective commonsense reasoning
- Affective human-agent, -computer, and-robot interaction
- Multimodal emotion recognition and sentiment analysis
We especially invite papers investigating multiple related themes, industry papers, and descriptions of running projects and ongoing work.
CALL FOR DATASETS AND RESOURCES
We also invite dataset papers which describe new data resources . Dataset paper submissions must comprise:
- The data itself -- organized as a single dataset or a group of datasets, and
- Metadata which describes data collection and processing methods, documentation of the structure and descriptive statistics about the content and quality of the dataset.
- Authors should describe potential uses and applications of the dataset, but any sophisticated analysis can be a regular paper submission.
Submissions should be made via EasyChair and must follow the formatting guidelines for AAAI-2018 (use the AAAI Author Kit). All submissions must be anonymous and conform to AAAI standards for double-blind review.
Workshop URL: https://sites.google.com/view/affcon18/home
Submission Site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=affcon2018
Important Dates: October 13, 2017 : Submission deadline. Submissions via EasyChair.
November 9, 2017: Notification of acceptance/rejection
November 21, 2017: Camera-ready versions due
December 8, 2017: Early registration deadline
February 2-3, 2018: Workshop at AAAI 2018