ICSR 2018 : 17th International Conference on Software Reuse (ICSR 2018) Madrid (Spain), May 21-23rd, 2018
Conference Series : International Conference on Software Reuse
Call For Papers
****Call for Papers****
The International Conference on Software Reuse (ICSR) is the premier event in the field of software reuse research and technology. The main goal of ICSR is to present the most recent advances and breakthroughs in the area of software reuse and to promote an intensive and continuous exchange among researchers and practitioners.
The theme issue of this year focuses on "New Opportunities for Software Reuse".
Many of the today's systems use context information to reconfigure themselves and provide some kind of smart reaction. Thus, we need to modernise existing reuse approaches for handling reuse "on the fly" or to deploy systems several times.
In order to address new development challenges, we invite novel and well-founded work in the area of software reuse to describe innovative ideas on a sound theoretical basis, empirical work reporting case studies, experiments, and industry experiences is also highly welcome.
We encourage submissions providing guidance and insight during the transition from
ad-hoc to systematic reuse approaches. Reports on practical experience and technology
transfer to industry or work that provides insights on obstacles and success factors
for the adaptation of reuse approaches are highly demanded.
Paper submission: December 4, 2017
Notification: January 26, 2018
Camera ready: February 12, 2018
Topics of Interest (non-exclusive)
- Domain analysis, context analysis, and modelling
- Architecture-centric reuse approaches (e.g., reuse of micro-services)
- Component-based reuse techniques
- Generative reuse
- Economic models and metrics to quantify reuse including risk analysis
- Legal aspects and distribution issues of reusable software
- Systematic reuse approaches helping industries transitioning from ad-hoc approaches
- Reverse engineering of potentially reusable components
- Reuse of software engineering artefacts
- Quality and cost of reusable components
- Evolution and maintenance of reusable assets
- Sustainable models for reuse assets
- Development of reusable components for Product Line Engineering
- Software variability approaches for configuring and deriving reusable assets
- Dynamic aspects of reuse (i.e post-deployment time)
- Reuse in Software Ecosystems
- Reuse of models for continuous software engineering approaches
- Past and present of reuse and opportunities for the future
***Submission and Publication***
We invite novel and well-founded work in the wider area of software reuse.
In particular, we welcome submissions presenting:
- Theoretical work introducing innovative ideas
- Work linking academic research to software reuse in industrial practice.
- Reports on practical experience and technology transfer to industry
- Case studies including practical approaches of reuse
Submissions must conform to Springer LNCS format and be written in English.
Page limit is 16 pages for full papers and 8 pages for short papers.
EasyChair submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icsr2018
The proceedings will be published in Springer-Verlag