CITIMA 2017 : Fourth International Workshop on Computational Intelligence Techniques for Industrial and Medical Applications
Call For Papers
Computational Intelligence techniques are adopted in many industrial applications, like visual based quality control, image enhancement in consumer electronics, image quality enhancement, video based recognition of identity or behaviors, audio based speech recognition for enhanced human like interaction with machines etc. It also has a strong impact in medical applications, like medical image enhancement, semi-automatic detection of pathologies, pre-filtering and reconstruction of volumes from medical scans etc. Despite this growing diffusion, there are still many possible areas where computational intelligence application is partial or could be extended and improved, due to the actual limitations in terms of computational power or strict requirements in terms of assurance of the results. With this regards, Big Data paradigm is opening the ground for next generation of advanced Computational Intelligence solutions exploiting the Big Data processing and storage capabilities.
This workshop aims to investigate the impact of the adoption of advanced and innovative Computational Intelligence techniques in industrial and medical applications. This edition of the workshop is focused primarily on signal processing for industrial and medical applications with special emphasis to real time systems and Big Data solutions for intensive processing. The workshop will bring together researchers on different disciplines from academia and industry with a common objective: go beyond the frontiers of today industrial applications of Computational Intelligence techniques.
Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Imaging for Industrial applications
- Computational Intelligence approaches in Biomedical Signal Processing
- Computational Intelligence approaches in Consumer Electronics
- Real-time Multimedia Signal Processing
- Real-time digital images & watermarking
- Real-time signal compression and analysis
- Demosaicking and denoising in digital image acquisition pipeline
- Spatial and temporal estimation and protection of media streams
- Learning systems for signal and information processing and evidential reasoning for recognition
- Soft computing approaches for embedded multimedia systems
- Real time signal processing & vision
- Expert system for embedded system
- Color and illumination processing
- Big Data management and Infrastructure
- Big Data theory and algorithms
- Big Data analytic for Medical application
- Big Data analytic for Industrial Application
Paper submission: September 23, 2017
Acceptance/Reject notification: October 21, 2017
Camera ready: October 30, 2017
Author registration: October 31, 2017
Each submission should be at most 8 pages in total including bibliography and well-marked appendices, and must follow the IEEE double columns publication format available at: http://www.sitis-conf.org/en/paper-submission.php
Paper submission will only be online via SITIS 2017 submission site:
Only pdf files will be accepted. Submissions not meeting these guidelines risk rejection without consideration of their merits. All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression by at least two reviewers. The organizers will examine the reviews and make final paper selections.
All the papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the conference proceedings. The proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society. Content will be submitted to the indexing companies for possible indexing. They will be available at the conference.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the workshop. Workshop registration fee is determined by SITIS. A single registration for the workshop or the conference allows attending both events.
M. Anisetti, Università degli studi di Milano, Italy
V. Bellandi, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
G. Jeon, Incheon National University, Korea
R. Sassi, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy