Smart Cities Cybersecurity 2018 : Smart Cities Cybersecurity and Privacy
Call For Papers
Over the last few years, we have witnessed a rapid growth in Internet of Things (IoT) that provides ubiquitous connectivity between physical components and cyber space. Recent advances in hardware, software, networking technologies have fueled the deployment of IoT technologies. Additionally, smart cities have also become a promising field of study that encompasses distributed large-scale sensing, data acquisition, information processing and heterogeneous networking. Smart cities aim to improve the quality of life of citizens in several areas such as energy usage, healthcare, environment, water and transportation. However, smart cities will not only impact the private information of citizens but will also have a direct effect on city services that are directly related to the daily life of citizens. The connectivity of billions of IoT devices opens up many security vulnerabilities and threats that must be detected and mitigated. Thus, it is becoming increasingly important to develop adaptive, robust, scalable, reliable security and privacy mechanisms in smart city applications. The security mechanisms are required to mitigate negative implications associated with cyberattacks and privacy issues in the smart city.
This book aims to provide latest research developments and results in the areas of security and privacy for smart cities. It presents insights into networking and security related architectures, designs, models for smart city applications that will ultimately enable the secure operation of smart city applications. This book will be a valuable resource for students, researchers, engineers, policy makers working in various areas related to cybersecurity and privacy for Smart cities.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Smart Cities evolution and fundamental concepts
- Cybersecurity and privacy fundamentals
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Networking and security architectures for Smart City applications
- Cyberattack analysis and attack patterns in IoT-enabled Smart Cities
- IoT Security for Smart Cities
- Cybersecurity as a Service
- Blockchain based security and privacy in Smart Cities
- Big data analytics for cybersecurity and privacy in Smart Cities
- Cybersecurity in Intelligent Transportation System for Smart Cities
- Named Data Networking based security and privacy for Smart Cities
- Software Defined Networking based security and privacy for Smart Cities
- Future Cybersecurity and Privacy Challenges for Smart Cities
- Secure communications and autonomous radios in smart cities
- Privacy in crowdsensing in Smart City applications
- Privacy and availability in data storage for Smart Cities
- Privacy-aware architectures for Smart Cities
- Future Privacy Challenges for Smart Cities
Prospective authors are required to submit your chapter to email@example.com. All submitted manuscripts will be passing through the rigorous reviewing process for possible publication. All book chapters should be prepared in Latex/MS Word format according to Elsevier’s guidelines for manuscript preparation.
If you have any questions, please let us know by email.