KR Workshops & Tutorials CFP 2018 : KR18 - Preliminary Call for Tutorial and Workshop Proposals
Call For Papers
KR18 - Preliminary Call for Tutorial and Workshop Proposals
** Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call **
** Please distribute to interested parties **
Call for Tutorial and Workshop Proposals
16th International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation
and Reasoning (KR 2018)
Tempe, Arizona (USA)
Workshop/Tutorial dates: 27-29 October 2018
KR main program: 30 October to 1 November 2018
*** Deadline (for proposal submissions): 21 February 2018 ***
For its 2018 edition, KR will solicit proposals for both the Tutorial and Workshop tracks. Tutorials and workshops will be held from 27 to 29 October 2018, prior to the KR main technical program, which will run from 30 October to 1 November 2018. The attendance of tutorials is complimentary to all KR registered participants. Workshop attendance will be subject to payment of a workshop fee, which is separate from that of the main conference.
** SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS **
Each proposal (tutorial or workshop) should be in English and must be submitted electronically using the following submission forms:
Tutorial proposal: http://tinyurl.com/kr18tute
Workshop proposal: http://tinyurl.com/kr18workshop
For all accepted proposals, KR will take care of all local arrangements.
* SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR TUTORIAL PROPOSALS *
Each tutorial proposal should contain the following information:
- A short title of the tutorial.
- A two-paragraph description of the tutorial.
- Proposed length of the tutorial (half day is the default and recommended length, but an argument can be made for a full day tutorial).
- A detailed outline of the tutorial.
- The potential target audience for the tutorial and prerequisite knowledge.
- A brief resume of the presenter(s) including:
. Name,affiliation, and email address.
. Evidence of scholarship in the area, including a list of publications.
. Evidence of teaching experience.
The main duties of the tutorial organizers are:
- Setup a web-site for the tutorial, which should include, at least, title and abstract of the tutorial, presenters’ details, outline, tutorial notes and related reading material.
- Deliver the tutorial at KR 2018.
* SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS *
Each workshop proposal should contain the following information:
- Title of the workshop and acronym.
- Names, affiliations, and contact details of the organisers.
- Short description and format.
- History of the workshop (if applicable) and related events.
- Size of the workshop and duration.
- Tentative list of PC members with their respective affiliations.
- Experience of the organisers.
- Tentative call for papers.
The main duties of the workshop chairs are:
- Set up a website for the workshop.
- Advertise the workshop and distribute its call for papers.
- Coordinate the peer-reviewing of submitted contributions.
- Organise a schedule for the workshop in collaboration with the local organisers and the Workshop Co-Chairs.
- Coordinate and moderate the workshop participation and content.
Each accepted proposal will be waived two workshop registrations to be used at the discretion of the organisers (e.g., to cover the registration of an invited speaker).
KR reserves the right to cancel a workshop if it does not have enough participants to cover its running costs.
** IMPORTANT DATES **
- Proposal submission deadline: 21 February 2018.
- Notification: 31 March 2018.
- Workshops paper submission deadline: 21 July 2018.
- Workshops paper notification: 25 August 2018.
- Workshops registration deadline: TBD.
- Tutorial and workshop dates: 27-29 October 2018.
** SUBMISSIONS AND INQUIRIES **
Those interested in presenting a tutorial or workshop should register their interest and proposal in the following forms:
Tutorial proposals: http://tinyurl.com/kr18tute
Workshop proposals: http://tinyurl.com/kr18workshop
Inquiries should be sent by email to the tutorials/workshop chairs:
School of Computer Science and Information Technology
CRIL, Univ. Artois & CNRS, France