NetCloud 2017 : 7th Workshop on Network Infrastructure Services as part of Cloud Computing (NetCloud 2017)
Call For Papers
NetCloud 2017 Workshop - Call for papers
7th Workshop on Network Infrastructure Services as part of Cloud Computing (NetCloud 2017) in conjunction with CloudCom 2017, Hong Kong, December 11-14, 2017.
NetCloud 2017, collocated with IEEE CloudCom 2017, attempts to address the problem of how the underlying network infrastructure is capable of supporting advanced cloud computing use cases, big data power users for an example. The workshop is intended to bring together network research community, commercial network operators and industry with the major cloud computing players, including IT specialists, researchers and commercial providers.
Topics of interest
* Definition and architectures for the Network as a Service (NaaS)
cloud service model and Cloud Carrier operational model
* Intercloud and inter-datacenters Software Defined Networks (SDN)
* Cloud and Intercloud architecture frameworks and required
on-demand network infrastructure provisioning
* Unified and converged IT and optical resources description
languages and frameworks for cloud oriented infrastructures
* General Infrastructure services provisioning in clouds, new
architecture developments, service delivery and on-demand
* Isolation and flexibility of the cloud oriented virtualized optical
* Standardization of optical network service provisioning interfaces
for cloud based platforms and services
* Co-advertisement, co-planning, composition and co-provisioning of any
type of optical network resource and IT services (i.e. connectivity +
IT resources at the end-points coordinated in a single, optimal
* Performance and reliability issues, Service Level Agreement and QoS
guarantees in the network layer
* End-to-end techniques for autonomic management of cloud resources
* Policy based infrastructure services management
* Experimental platforms that support network management in cloud
* Multi-cloud applications and topologies
* Support systems for holistic cloud and network self service
provisioning enabling agile transformation and open market exchange
for composed services
* Network support for fog and dew computing
Paper submission: August 20th, 2017
Camera-ready version: September 22nd, 2017
Submission link https://easychair.org/cfp/netcloud2017
Submitted papers must not substantially overlap papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. Authors must submit their papers by the deadline indicated above, using the Easychair submission system at
Only PDF files will be accepted. Manuscripts need to be prepared according to the IEEE Transactions format. All regular paper submissions should be written in English with a maximum paper length of 6 (six) pages. All submitted papers will be reviewed by at least three experts.
Accepted papers must be presented at the workshop. At least one author of each accepted submission must attend the workshop and all workshop participants must pay at least the CloudCom 2017 workshop registration fee.
All presented papers will be subject to peer review process.
All accepted papers will be published in the IEEE proceedings of the CloudCom2017 Conference.
Eduard Escalona, Fundació i2CAT
Sonja Filiposka, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University
Paola Grosso, University of Amsterdam
Yuri Demchenko, University of Amsterdam