WMED 2010 : IEEE Workshop on Microelectronics and Electron Devices
Call For Papers
The Eighth Annual IEEE Workshop on Microelectronics and Electron Devices will provide a forum for reviewing and discussing all aspects of microelectronics including processing, electrical characterization, design and new device technologies. This symposium will consist of both invited and contributed talks and papers as well as a poster session throughout the afternoon. Faculty, students, and researchers in industry are encouraged to contribute presentations on either completed research or “work-in-progress” research. Topics are in the following areas that will form the contributing sessions and poster sessions in the workshop program:
Microelectronic Device Processing and Process Integration
· Trends in submicron technologies; product development (DRAM, SRAM, Flash, CMOS Imagers); new device technologies (Phase Change Memory, Resistive Memory, Ferroelectric Memory, Nano-electronics), novel transistors, device improvements.
Microelectronic Device Electrical and Reliability Testing
· Dielectric reliability; device reliability; phase change memory reliability; novel memory technology testing schemes; electrical properties of novel devices.
Semiconductor Packaging and Reliability
· Semiconductor package reliability, Design for Manufacturability, and stacked die packaging, and novel assembly processes. Novel packaging structures, processes, and materials.
Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) and Nanoelectronic Devices
· Novel processes and materials, MEMS research, development and performance; nanotubes, nanowires, quantum dots, molecular devices, device characterization for nanoelectronic devices.
Microelectronic Circuit Design
· New product design, design techniques, and memory sensing schemes.
IEEE WMED Manuscript Submission Process
Please submit your IEEE-formatted four-page manuscript by January 25th, 2010 to: ##name##, 2010 IEEE WMED Publications Chair, ##email## , ##phone##.
Download sample Microsoft Word Template
For a more detailed manuscript preparation instructions can be downloaded at: http://www.ieee.org/portal/cms_docs/pubs/transactions/auinfo03.pdf
An IEEE Publication of the accepted papers and a CD-ROM including the papers and presentations is planned and will be available at the start of the workshop. Submitted manuscripts will be limited to four pages and should follow the IEEE Electron Device Letters publication format guidelines.
Manuscript Review Process
Since the accepted manuscripts will be published as an IEEE publication, a rigorous peer-review process will be installed to meet the IEEE criterion for minimum standards of quality. All submissions will be rated by the technical committee based on the following standard criteria:
· Originality of the Work
· Significance and technological importance
· Quality of data/results and its interpretation
· Completeness of the manuscript
· Reference of the Work of Others
· Organization of the Manuscript
· Literary quality (clarity in Writing, figures, tables, etc.)
It is strongly recommended that the authors follow the IEEE manuscript template provided. Authors of all accepted manuscripts will have an opportunity to present their work in one of the contributed sessions. If a manuscript is not accepted for publication, it will be automatically considered for the poster session.
Important Workshop Dates
January 25, 2010—Manuscript Submission Deadline
February 15, 2010—Acceptance Notification
February 22, 2010—Final Manuscript Submission
March 25, 2010—Deadline for Advance Registration
March 20, 2010—Presentation Submission Deadline
April 16, 2010—Workshop