SI Wiley SPE 2018 : Call for Papers for Special Issue on Integration of Cloud, IoT and Big Data Analytics
Call For Papers
Call for Papers for Special Issue on On Integration of Cloud, IoT and Big Data Analytics
Software: Practice and Experience (Wiley Press)
A call on SPE website:
The modern computing edge has envisaged many technological advances which have impacted the livelihood of human being to society at large. Cloud Computing, Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics are three major innovative paradigms which have changed the way computing is transforming the organizations. Most of the industry sectors are driven by information technology (IT) and all these sectors whether it is government or manufacturing enterprises, health-care or start-ups, each one of them are finding and visualizing unprecedented opportunities and growth in systems driven by these three technologies. At the level of implementation and deployment, these technologies help in preparing a practical “Software System” where the functional aspects are implemented in real software and demonstrated practically. Often, these systems are applied in public sectors such as utility, facility management, smart city projects including transport, health care and power and water distributions. On the other hand, numerous systems are also envisaged along the lines of social networks driven systems, smart homes, smart buildings, smart vehicles, smart industries where cyber physical systems are automated and managed on the basis of these three important technologies.
We invite high quality papers either on the use of Cloud, IoT and Big Data Analytics for solving real world or practical problems or the application and assessment of Cloud, IoT and Big Data Analytics for solving well-known societal problems and issues. We focus on submissions that stress software practice studies, and submissions that share a variety of software system development experiences in different domains.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Cloud and IoT Systems/platforms for Big Data and Data analytics such as smart cities, e-commerce and cyber physical systems leading to real innovation.
- Systems using Data Classification on IoT environments and mining for next generation IoT networking
- Practical Software System study and evolution using Cloud Computing, IoT and Big Data Analytics
- Software systems implemented for environmental and cyber physical systems sensing and computing, health care, mobile and personalized data-centered services, social networks analytics etc.
- Real-time intelligence and control techniques
- IoT architecture, tools and applications for Big Data analytics
- Scientific Computing, Data Management and Analytics in Cloud
- Software Systems for Enterprise, Government and Society, Cloud-assisted, IoT-based Cyber-Physical Systems, Resilient Infrastructures
- Automatic Business Process and Workflow Management in Clouds
- Research and Project Experience in Biomedical, Energy and Environment Control, Service Systems in Tourism, Transportation and Urban Planning, Vertical Markets – Telecom, Sensors, Social Networking, Smart Cities, Food and Agriculture.
- Case Studies of Cloud, IoT and Big Data usage and value formation
Special Issue Paper Submission
This special issue invites submissions that present novel and innovative ideas. It also welcomes submissions of extended versions of the best selected papers presented in the 4th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Big Data Computing, Applications and Technologies (BDCAT 2017, http://dsr.encs.vancouver.wsu.edu/BDCAT2017/). All submissions including invited papers will undergothe regular peer review process.
We seek submission of papers that present new, original and innovative ideas for the "first" time in SPE. Submission of "extended versions" of already published works (conference papers) is not encouraged unless they contain a significant number of "new and original" ideas/contributions along with more than 50% brand "new" material. If you are submitting an extended version of an already published conference paper, you must submit a cover letter/document detailing (1) the "Summary of Differences" between the SPE paper and the earlier paper, (2) a clear list of "new and original" ideas/contributions in the SPE paper (identifying sections where they are proposed/presented), (3) confirmation of the percentage of new material, and (4) the original conference paper. Otherwise, the submission will be "desk" rejected without being reviewed.
While submitting paper to this issue, please select “Special Issue – On Integration of Cloud, IoT and Big Data Analytics” in the submission system.
Regular Issue Submission
If you have a paper on cloud computing or IoT which does not match the requirements of the Special Issue, we encourage you to submit it as a regular paper to Software: Practice and Experience. The journal has expanded its coverage to specifically include cloud computing and IoT.
Submission: December 30, 2017
First Notification: February 28, 2018
Revision due: April 1, 2018
Notification of final acceptance: May 1, 2018
Final revised paper due: May 15, 2018
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Central University of Rajasthan, India, Email: email@example.com
School of Engineering and Computer Science, Washington State University, Vancouver, USA, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Satish Narayana Srirama
Institute of Computer Science, University of Tartu, Estonia, Email: email@example.com
Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems (CLOUDS) Lab, School of Computing and Information Systems, The University of Melbourne, Australia, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org