IEEE-PC-LTW 2009 : IEEE Pervasive Computing Special Issue on Labeling the World
Call For Papers
Labeling the World
Submission deadline: 1 Nov. 2009
Publication: April–June 2010
Recent progress in robustly tagging objects and locations in the real world, semantically tying them to digital content and mechanisms, enables a variety of exciting applications in areas such as context-aware systems and mixed/augmented reality. This special issue will report on new research in this expanding area of pervasive computing, both in terms of enabling technology and innovative applications.
Suitable paper submissions include, but are not limited to:
* New application areas for label-based systems, e.g. interesting applications and systems that link physical and virtual objects into the Web/Internet of Things; new applications of RFID, barcodes or existing tagging technologies;
* Information extraction and knowledge generation based on labeled environments, e.g.
o recognition of objects and activities in real-world environments;
o automatic extraction of semantics from image, audio or video content, such as determining where and when a photograph was taken;
o exploiting context and relationships to assist labeling of physical artifacts;
* Usability and use aspects of labeling methods and label-based systems, e.g.
o new interaction and presentation models for hybrid physical/virtual systems;
o investigations into usability and cognitive aspects of labeling;
o novel methods for tagging physical objects, animals or people;
o privacy-preserving approaches to tagging.
For more information about the focus, contact the Guest Editors:
* Tim Kindberg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Thomas Pederson (email@example.com)
* Rahul Sukthankar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For general author guidelines or submission details:
http://www.computer.org/pervasive/author.htm or email@example.com
To submit your article directly to our online peer-review system, Manuscript Central: