CRITIS 2017 : The 12th International Conference on Critical Information Infrastructures Security
Conference Series : Critical Information Infrastructures Security
Call For Papers
The 12th International Conference on Critical Information Infrastructures Security (CRITIS 2017)
Lucca, Italy, October 9-13, 2017
In 2017, the International Conference on Critical Information Infrastructures Security reaches its 12th anniversary.
CRITIS 2017 continues the tradition of presenting innovative research and exploring new challenges in the field of critical (information) infrastructures protection (C(I)IP) and fostering the dialogue with stakeholders. CRITIS 2017 renews efforts to bring together researchers and professionals from academia, industry and governmental organisations working in the field of the security of critical (information) infrastructure systems.
As in previous years, distinguished invited speakers and special events will complement a programme of original research contributions. The conference invites the different research communities and disciplines involved in the C(I)IP space, and encourages discussions and multi-disciplinary approaches to relevant C(I)IP problems.
This year 2017 edition of CRITIS will be hosted in Lucca , Italy by IMT - School for Advanced Studies - the Italian (2016 top ranked) public graduate school and research institute that focuses on the analysis of economic, societal, technological and cultural systems.
Along the line with the tradition, Satellite Workshops with take place just after the main conference. On the other side, some specific innovations were introduced for the forthcoming Lucca edition. Beside the traditional sessions where original works and significant improvements will be presented, there will be other sessions devoted to Ongoing Projects and Operators.
The Project Session will be an opportunity of dissemination for ongoing project results both at European and Member States' level. These presentations will not be submitted to the reviewing process and will not lead to any publication. The purpose of this activity is share experiences among scientist and experts working on the different projects in the C(I)IP.
Similarly a session will be devoted to the Operators. As for the previous one, one does not expect original scientific work to be presented, open problems and heuristic solutions are expected to be outlined , instead. This specific session is aimed at abridging the gap between academic knowledge and actual applications.
Main conference will take place from Oct 9th to 11th.
The following sessions are planned:
CS Cyber Security
HF Human Factors
EM Emergency Management
UR Urban Resilience
IS Trust and Information Sharing
MM Methods & Models
Special attention will be devoted to the contributions from young experts and researchers by continuing the tradition of the Young CRITIS Award (YCA) since our demanding multi-disciplinary field of research requires open-minded talents.
As in previous years, it is planned that post-proceedings are published by Springer-Verlag in their Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Submission of full papers: June 23, 2017
Notification of acceptance: July 8, 2016
Camera-ready papers: September 1, 2017
CRITIS 2017 event: October 9–13, 2017
- Antonio Scala IMT Fellow, CNR Senior Researcher et al.
- Guido Caldarelli & Rocco De Nicola, IMT Lucca, Italy
- Gregorio D'Agostino , ENEA Senior Researcher et al., Roma, Italy
- Cristina Alcaraz, University of Malaga, Spain
- Grigore Havârneanu, Research Advisor, UIC Security Division, Paris, France
- Hypatia Nassopoulos, Ecole des Ingénieurs de la Ville de Paris, France
Young Critis Award Chair
- Marco Santarelli - Res on Networks
CRITIS Steering Committee
-Bernhard M. Hämmerli, Technical University Lucerne and ACRIS GmbH, Switzerland
-Javier Lopez, University of Malaga, Spain
-Stephen D. Wolthusen, Gjøvik College, Norway, and Royal Holloway, UK
- Robin Bloomfield, City University London, UK
- Sandro Bologna, AIIC, Italy
- Sokratis K. Katsikas, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway and University of Piraeus, Greece
- Elias Kyriakides, University of Cyprus
- Eric Luiijf, TNO, the Netherlands
- Marios M. Polycarpou, University of Cyprus
- Reinhard Posch, Technical University Graz, Austria
- Saifur Rahman, Advanced Research Institute, Virginia Tech, USA
- Erich Rome, Fraunhofer IAIS, Germany
- Roberto Setola, Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma, Italy
- Nils Kalstad Svendsen, Gjovik University College, Norway
- Marianthi Theocharidou, Joint Research Centre, IPSC, Italy
- Grigore Havarneanu, International Union of Ralways (UIC), France