VIIth AIDA Europe Conference 2018 : De-Mystifying InsurTech – a Legal and Regulatory View
Call For Papers
The AIDA Europe Scientific Committee, comprising Prof. Dr. Pierpaolo Marano and Dr. Kyriaki Noussia, invites the submission of academic papers for the VIIth AIDA Europe Conference to be held in Warsaw, Poland on 12-13/4/2018.
This conference will bring legal scholars and practitioners together, so as to explore and discuss legal and regulatory developments and issues emerging from innovations in the realm of technology applied to (re)insurance, i.e. 'InsurTech'. Invited speakers will present papers which will provide insights into the legal developments affecting both (re)insurance communities and society in Europe and in other jurisdictions. The goal is to provide information on recent developments in the field of InsurTech law and regulation and in doing so to also provide a forum for debating and developing the law and policy in this newly emerging legal field.
SELECTED PAPERS from the area of InsurTech will be published in a book edited by Prof. Pierpaolo Marano, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan, Italy and Dr. Kyriaki Noussia, University of Exeter, UK. The book will be included in the soon to be established AIDA Europe Research Series on Insurance Law and Regulation and will be published from a renowned publisher.
AIDA SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE AWARD FOR YOUNG AUTHORS:
The AIDA Europe Scientific Committee also invites students and young academics/practitioners who are no more than 35 years old, to submit their abstracts of prospective papers for potential selection. A small number of top ranking papers will be selected for presentation at the Warsaw Conference and their authors will be invited to the Conference. Invitees shall be awarded the costs of flight (economy airfare) plus the costs of up to two nights’ accommodation.
PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
We welcome theoretical, empirical and policy-oriented papers. We invite legal academics (including Ph.D. students) and legal practitioners to submit their manuscripts on a topic that explores an aspect of InsurTech law and regulation, including, but not limited to:
- Blockchain and (re)insurance processes and payments including smart contracts;
- Peer-to-peer Insurance and Digital Distribution;
- Internet of Things, Big Data, Product Oversight Governance;
- Robot Advisors, Robot Brokers;
- Data Protection, Cloud Computing, Cyber Risks;
- Driverless Cars, Unmanned ships, Drones and Insurance regulation;
- Human rights aspects and implications for the users of driverless cars (else Autonomous Vehicles), Unmanned Ships and Drones;
- Insurance Contract Law considerations for consumers who are users of driverless cars (else Autonomous Vehicles), Unmanned Ships and Drones;
- Internet of Things and Insurance Products;
- Sharing Economy and Insurance;
- The intersection of InsurTech with other subjects and areas of law (e.g. risk management, actuarial, economics, accounting, sociology, real estate, criminal law, etc.);
- Developments in the legal profession, cognitive computing tools and solutions.
All abstracts and papers should be in English. Final paper shall have a word limit of 30,000 words (including footnotes).
Please send your submission (abstract and if selected completed paper) by email to:
a) Professor Pierpaolo Marano at the e-mail address: email@example.com and
b) Dr. Kyriaki Noussia at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on AIDA Europe can be obtained from the AIDA Europe Website at - http://www.aida.org.uk/AIDAEurope.asp
For any further information please contact Prof. Pierpaolo Marano: email@example.com and/or Dr. Kyriaki Noussia: firstname.lastname@example.org.