QuASD 2017 : International Workshop on Managing Quality in Agile and Rapid Software Development Processes
Call For Papers
1st International Workshop on Managing Quality in Agile and Rapid Software Development Processes (QuASD 2017). Workshop to be held in conjunction with PROFES 2017
November 29th, 2017, Innsbruck (Austria), http://www.quasd.org/
The International Workshop on Managing Quality in Agile and Rapid Software Development Processes aims at investigating product and process quality in the context of agile and rapid software development. The objective of the workshop is to exchange challenges, experiences, and solutions among researchers and practitioners in the aforementioned area to bring agile and rapid software development processes a step further to seamless integrating quality management activities into their practices.
*** IMPORTANT DATES ***
- Abstracts deadline: July 25, 2017
- Submission of papers: July 27, 2017
- Notification: August 22, 2017
- Camera-ready: September 11, 2017
*** TOPICS OF INTEREST ***
The topics of interest include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Challenges, industrial experiences, and solutions on managing product quality within the context of agile and rapid software development.
- Relation between agile and rapid SW development practices and product quality.
- Quality requirements management in agile and rapid software development.
- Integration and measurement of quality in agile and rapid processes during development and at runtime.
- Big data tools and platforms to gather and analyze quality during software development and at runtime.
- Planning and decision-making on the next development steps to ensure appropriate quality levels.
- Quality evolution and maintenance in agile and rapid cycles.
- Product quality models for agile and rapid software development.
- Managing technical debt in agile and rapid software development.
- Infrastructure/processes for iterative/incremental software quality management.
- Organizational aspects of agile/rapid processes and product quality.
- Quality monitoring and transparency in the context of agile and rapid software development.
- Creating a company culture of quality in the context of agile and rapid software development.
*** PAPER CATEGORIES ***
We are seeking the following types of submission:
- Technical papers (12 pages max): beyond state-of-the-art methods, tools, or techniques in support of quality in ASD/RSD. Ideally, they report empirical evidence.
- Experience reports (12 pages max): (industrial) first-hand experience with, and lessons learned about the management of quality in ASD/RSD.
- Emergent research papers (6-8 pages): research endeavors/preliminary findings in the topics of the workshop that have just started.
- Vision papers (6-8 pages): new directions to follow in managing quality in ASD/RSD. Convincing arguments supported by clear rationale need to be included.
- Practitioner messages (4 pages max). Industry views on the topics of the workshop.
All submitted papers will undergo a rigorous peer review process. Papers will be selected based on originality, quality, soundness and relevance. All contributions must be original, not published, accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere. Submitted papers must conform to the Springer LNCS author guidelines. All papers should be submitted in PDF format through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=quasd2017. Accepted papers will appear in the PROFES 2017 proceedings.
For more information about the submission procedures, please consult the workshop website (http://www.quasd.org/)!
*** WORKSHOP ORGANIZATION ***
- Claudia Ayala, UPC, Spain
- Silverio Martínez-Fernández, Fraunhofer IESE, Germany
- Pilar Rodríguez, University of Oulu, Finland