ICU 4.0 2017 : International Conference on University 4.0: A Framework for 21st Century Higher Education
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION:
The 4th Industrial Revolution promises to provide a fundamental transformation of the ways we live, work, and relate to one another. In the context of technological advancement and globalization, higher education institutions will likely have to review their roles and to change their ways of operation. In order for higher education to face an avalanche of the coming industry 4.0, an imperative question has to be asked on how universities will be affected by the 4th Industrial Revolution and how the delivery of education will be transformed.
The main objective of this International Conference on University 4.0 is to provide an answer to the above question, which would expectedly contribute to building a framework for the 21st Century University, namely University 4.0. By bringing together key policy-makers and educational experts, the conference is a forum for sharing visions, ideas and good practices for University 4.0. We plan to have one day for 4 plenary sessions, in which 8 invited speakers will present various views on the overarching themes of changing higher education responding to changing societies. The second day will be devoted for the discussion about a strategy for a concrete university in upgrading process to University 4.0.
- What are the required skills and knowledge that University 4.0 should equip the future generations with?
- How should University 4.0 change its learning design (curriculums, teaching methods, assessments) in the light of technological and social disruptions?
- How should the Fourth Industrial Revolution affect the administration, research, development and innovation agenda of University 4.0?
- How should University 4.0 collaborate with the industries and governments to foster innovative ecosystems?
- What are good practices of Universities 4.0?
DAY 1 – July 201, 2017
7:00 – 8:00 Registration and Guest Reception
8:00 – 8:50 Opening Session:
• Prof. Manh Hung Nguyen, General Chair: Opening Speech
• Prof. Ngoc Thanh Nguyen, Scientific Chair: Introduction to University 4.0
• Representatives of Vietnam Government and HCM city: Welcome Speech
8:50 – 09:50 Session 1: Chair – Prof. Ngoc Thanh Nguyen
• Prof. Gottfried Vossen (Germany):
University 4.0: Concepts, Challenges, and Preliminary (ERCIS) Experiences
9:50 – 10:20 Photo Session and Coffee Break
10:20 – 12:00 Session 2: Chair – Prof. Tzung-Pei Hong
• Prof. Leon S.L. Wang (Taiwan):
Toward the Next Decade - A NUK Perspective
• Prof. Hoang Pham (USA):
What Makes a Top University in the 21st Century?
12:00 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 15:10 Session 3: Chair – Prof. Loc Nguyen
• Prof. Kuo-Ming Chao (UK):
Cyber Physical Systems for Future Higher Education
• Prof. Dosam Hwang (Korea):
E4I - Future Education for the 4th Industrial Revolution
15:10 – 15:40 Coffee Break
15:40 – 17:20 Session 4: Chair – Prof. Suphamit Chittayasothorn
• Prof. Huu Duc Nguyen (Viet Nam):
University-led Industry 4.0 - An Approach for Vietnam
• Prof. Manuel Nunez (Spain):
UCM 4.0: Where We Are and Where We Are Going?
18:00 – 20:00 Conference Dinner (for Keynote Speakers and Guests)
DAY 2 – July 21, 2017
7:30 – 8:00 Registration
8:00 – 9:40 Session 5: Chair – Prof. Been-Chian Chien,
• Prof. Hoai An Le Thi (France):
University 4.0: A French Model and Preliminary Experiences
• Prof. Ali Selamat (Malaysia):
Educational Technology as a Key to Unlocking the Fourth Industrial Revolution -Malaysian Higher Learning Perspectives
9:40 – 10:10 Coffee Break
10:10 – 11:50 Session 6: Chair – Prof. Thi Hong Tran
• Dr. The Vinh Nguyen (Viet Nam):
New Generation of Human Resources Under the Universities 4.0
• Dr. Trong Hai Duong (Vietnam):
Teaching 4.0: A Nguyen Tat Thanh University Approach
11:50 – 12:30 Closing Session
Register at http://university40.ntt.edu.vn/register.php