BigMine 2017 : The 6th International Workshop on Big Data on Streams and Heterogeneous Source Mining
Call For Papers
Big Data Mining (KDD BigMine-17)
The 6th International Workshop on Big Data on Streams and Heterogeneous Source Mining - A KDD2017 Workshop
KDD2017 Conference Dates: August 13-17, 2017
Workshop Date: Aug 14, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Associated with the Special Issue of the International Journal of Data Science and Analytics (JDSA): Big Data, IoT Streams and Heterogeneous Source Mining.
The goal of the workshop is to provide a forum to discuss important research questions and practical challenges in big data mining and related areas. Novel ideas, controversial issues, open problems and comparisons of competing approaches are strongly encouraged. Representation of alternative viewpoints and discussions are also strongly encouraged.
We invite submission of papers describing innovative research on all aspects of big data mining. Work-in-progress papers, demos, and visionary papers are also welcome.
Papers emphasizing theoretical foundations, algorithms, systems, applications, language issues, data storage and access, architecture are particularly encouraged.
A Special Issue in the International Journal of Data Science and Analytics been allocated for selected papers accepted in the workshop (see below).
Examples of topics of interest include
* Scalable, Distributed and Parallel Algorithms
* New Programming Model for Large Data beyond Hadoop/MapReduce, STORM, streaming languages
* Mining Algorithms of Data in non-traditional formats (unstructured, semi-structured)
* Applications: social media, Internet of Things, Smart Grid, Smart Transportation Systems
* Streaming Data Processing
* Heterogeneous Sources and Format Mining
* Systems Issues related to large datasets: clouds, streaming system, architecture, and issues beyond cloud and streams.
* Interfaces to database systems and analytics.
* Evaluation Technologies
* Visualization for Big Data
* Applications: Large scale recommendation systems, social media systems, social network systems, scientific data mining, environmental, urban and other large data mining applications.
Submitted papers will be assessed based on their novelty, technical quality, potential impact, and clarity of writing. For papers that rely heavily on empirical evaluations, the experimental methods and results should be clear, well executed, and repeatable. Authors are strongly encouraged to make data and code publicly available whenever possible.
More details on submission: https://bigmine.github.io/bigmine17/submission.html
The authors of accepted papers will be invited to revise and expand their papers to be considered for publication in the Special Issue of the International Journal of Data Science and Analytics (JDSA): S.I. Big Data, IoT Streams and Heterogeneous Source Mining.
Note that these expanded submissions will be treated as regular JDSA journal submissions with the same quality criteria as any paper accepted in the special issue, and will have to satisfy the high standards of the journal.
We also encourage general submissions to the special issue, which covers the same scope and topics as the workshop.
Papers due: May 26th 23:59PM Pacific Standard Time
Acceptance notification: June 16, 2017
Workshop Final Paper Due: June 30, 2017
* Wei Fan, Baidu Research Big Data Lab
* Albert Bifet, Telecom-ParisTech
* Jesse Read, Ecole Polytechnique
* Qiang Yang, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
* Philip Yu, University of Illinois at Chicago