GA 2017 : Generative Art International Conference, Exhibition, Live-performances
Call For Papers
GENERATIVE ART 2017
C A L L - F O R - P A P E R / P O S T E R / A R T W O R K S / P E R F O R M A N C E
GA2017 , the 20th Generative Art Conference, Exhibition, Live Performances
Location: MAR, Museum of Art and Classense Library in Ravenna, Italy, the 13, 14 and 15 of December 2017
Art&Science - Image&Space - Music&Poetry - Visionary Scenarios - Infinity&Identity
Art - Music - Architecture - Industrial Design - Web Art - Poetry - Visual Grammar - Design Approach - Teaching Theory - Mathematics - Virtual Environment - Literature - Artificial Life - Artificial Intelligence - Cellular Automata - Performances - Artificial Behaviors - Communication - Generative Robots - Mechatronic - Nanotechnology - NanoArt
We are at the 20th Generative Art conferences and I like to thank all the participants of the last editions, participants from many different countries of all continents because they have succeeded in supporting GA as the worldwide reference conference in the sector of the generative approach. This with their interesting contributions that were not only academic papers but works in progress able to define the real state of the art of the Generative Thinking.
Not only, the discussions, the exchanges of experience and the working together for reaching advanced possibilities was the unique feeling of these meetings.
As the other years, the conference will run for three days with only a plenary session. The reason is that this unique session gives to all participants the possibility of best knowing one each other and to discuss altogether.
This year we will meet in Ravenna, hosted by MAR, the Museum of Art and by the Classense Library. The conference will run the 13th, 14th and 15th of December 2017.
We will wait for Your proposals (papers, posters, artworks/installations, live performances) until 15th of September 2017 and we are sure that with your contributions GA2017 will be, once more, a moment of great exchange of experiences and an occasion of meeting people working with the same approach in a wide range of different disciplines.
Type of contribution:
Papers and Posters to be presented the 13, 14 and 15 December 2017 in only one main session
Artworks, Installations, and Posters to be exhibited in the days of the conference. The set up of the exhibition will be on the afternoon of December 12 at an exhibition hall of the MAR, Museum of Art of the city of Ravenna
Live Performances, to be performed the evening of 14 December
December 12, afternoon: 8:00 Setting up of the exhibition;
December 13, 9:00-13:00 paper session; 13:30 lunch at typical Italian restaurant; 15:30-19:30 paper session; 20:30 Conference Dinner at typical Italian restaurant
December 14: 9:00-13:00 paper session; 13:30 lunch at typical Italian restaurant; 15:30-19:30 Artworks, posters and installation presentation; 18:30 Pizza snack; 19:30-22:00 Generative Live Performances
December 15:9:00-13:00 paper session; 13:30 lunch at typical Italian restaurant; 15:30-19:30 paper session
Generative Art performs the idea as a process. Moving the creativity from Objects/Events to Codes, GA builds the contemporary complex natural/artificial environment. Generative Algorithms and Transforming Rules realize, as natural DNA does, always different and unpredictable series of events, artworks, industrial objects, architectures, music, environment, communications, software and hardware devices, all recognizable by each generative creative concept.
Generative Art is identifiable as one of the most advanced approaches in creative and design world. It performs the incoming new naturality of artificial world. Generative Projects, Morphogenetic Design, Evolutionary Systems can design the species of incoming events, their identity in progress, the recognizability of each possibly generated object, the complexity of the contemporary world, spaces, communications, and music.
In Architecture GA can increase the identity and uniqueness of each city, performing generative codes that can be used in designing the incoming transforming paths of each town.
In Industrial Design GA performs the relation between intelligent industrial production and advanced design ideas of a new naturality.
In Visual Art, Literature and Music GA opens a new era of reproducibility of artworks. From cloning to the unique and unrepeatable sequence of possible final results.
The generative approach represents the way to carry out the idea as a product, and not only the artefact-product-piece as the unique representation of the idea.
Generative Art Conference is a meeting place to exchange ideas, theoretical approaches, operative and teaching experiences and to value the innovative field of intelligent industrial production and business that belongs to Generative approach.
Following the experience of last years, people can show their innovative works in the concurrent GA Performance Festival that will be held on the evening of the same days of the conference. This will be an opportunity to show and enjoy the most advanced mix of generative entertainment media.
- Early submitting, if requested, could be accepted in 15 days to obtain a letter of invitation usable to fund applications.
- No funds are available from the GA2017 organization.
- (only) performers don't pay any fee; conference participants will pay a registration fee inclusive of proceedings, lunches, conference dinner etc. (see registration)
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all abstract and papers will be reviewed by the Conference Chair and by the scientific Committee.
- The proceedings of GA2017 will be printed in advance (with ISBN number) for having a support to the conference. The proceedings will collect an abstract book and a DVD with, in sequence, papers, posters, presentation of artworks, presentation of live performances. In the DVD will take place also other material as images, movies, music, and software
- All papers and presented contribution will be also published on the website www.generativeart.com
- Selected contributions will be asked to perform a multimedia article to be published in the incoming issue of the Journal GASATHJ, www,gasathj.com
15 September 2017
- Presentation of proposals (max one page by using the abstract template) of Papers, Posters, Artworks, Installations, Live Performances. You can send the abstract directly by email to email@example.com or you can use the form in the bottom of the page. You can also send images with low resolution by email. If you need an invitation letter for funds applications and you need to have early acceptance, please send your proposal in advance confirming your need in the email
15 October 2017
- Communication of accepted proposals doubles reviewed by the conference scientific committee
30 October 2017
- Deadline for registering with a reduced fee.
8 November 2017
- Deadline for sending the final Papers (around 4000 words, PDF and DOC file), Posters (max 2000 words), Artwork-installation and Live Performance presentation (max 2000 words).