moocmaker 2017 : International Conference MOOC-Maker 2017
Call For Papers
The Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are a popular phenomenon in the online learning world. Today many institutions offer MOOCs. This phenomenon has not only created a new trend in online education, it also has been adopted by a number of institutions around the world, allowing spaces for research in pedagogical, technological and organizational aspects.
This conference will focus on the exchange of popular trends and research results, as well as the presentation of practical experiences gained while developing MOOCs; we invite researchers, technologists, and course designers from universities and industry to share their approaches and perspectives on key topics, including analytics and data mining, assessment, credentialing, pedagogy aspects, gamification, cloud services and resources, universal design, accessibility and technological frameworks/architectures.
This event will be a reference MOOCs conference for Latin America. This conference is organized by the MOOC-Maker project. An initiative co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme – European Union. The MOOC-Maker consortium is composed by nine Higher Education Institutions from Europe and Latin America.
Topics of interest
- Technological models and frameworks to support MOOCs
- Assessment (different types of assessment approaches and technologies)
- MOOCs scalability and quality assurance models at the pedagogical and technical level, supported by innovative technology
- Learning Analytics
- Gamification and Social Learning Artefacts
- Universal Design and Accessibility issues in MOOCs contents and platforms
- Adaptive policies for managing different participant profiles
- Pedagogical issues, tutoring roles and human interaction in MOOCs development
- Security and accreditation models.
- Experiences and best practices in implementing MOOCs
- Instructional Design for MOOCs
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following paper categories are welcome:
We invite contributions in the following categories:
Research and Experience papers (up to 10 pages)
Work in Progress papers/posters (up to 6 pages).
Descriptions of interactive demos (up to 2 pages).
Special track in Spanish
Papers will be prepared according to the Springer LNCS format available in: http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0.
Submission: Papers will be submitted through Easychair. https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=moocmaker2017
The conference will be held in Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala November 16-17, 2017
All questions about submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, please visit: http://moocmaker.org/moocs17/