CWMT 2017 : The 13th China Workshop on Machine Translation (CWMT 2017)
Call For Papers
The 13th China Workshop on Machine Translation (CWMT 2017), organized by the Chinese Information Processing Society of China, will be held at Dalian University of Technology, China, on September 27-29, 2017. The successive twelve workshops were successfully held by various institutes and universities. Among these, several activities and shared tasks were successfully organized, such as the Machine Translation Evaluation (2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015), and strategic planning meetings (2010, 2012) as well. CWMT plays an important role in strengthening and promoting the research and development of Machine Translation (MT) in China, it becomes a leading academic activity in the field of Natural Language Processing (NLP).
The CWMT aims at providing a forum to facilitate communication and academic exchanges among domestic and foreign scholars on the latest developments in the field of MT. CWMT 2017 features keynote speeches to be delivered by renowned experts in the field of MT; MT evaluation campaigns focusing on languages between Chinese and English/Mongolian/Tibetan/Uyghur/Japanese translations; MT Panel and MT in Practice to explore the leading edge technologies and applications in MT; and a best paper award to be distributed during the conference. An exhibition of commercial and research systems will be held during the conference to bring together the users, developers and researchers of MT. This conference will offer them a great opportunity to share and exchange valuable experiences on MT, and thus advance MT research and development in the region.
Papers are invited on substantial, original and unpublished research on all aspects of MT and NLP, including, but not limited to:
• Dictionary, corpus processing and tool development for machine translation
• Machine translation models and methods, including rule-based, example-based, statistical and neural machine translation
• Pre-processing and post-processing for machine translation
• Multi-engine translation system
• Machine translation evaluation methodologies
• Fundamental technologies for machine translation, such as word alignment, phrase extraction, name entity recognition and translation, lexical analysis, parsing, semantic analysis and document analysis for machine translation
• Machine translation applications, including cross-language information retrieval, computer-assisted translation, embedded translation, multilingual dialogue and speech translation
• Machine translation of minority languages
• Challenges and opportunities for machine translation in Internet era
Full Paper Submission July 15, 2017
Notification of Acceptance August 25, 2017
Final Manuscript Submission September 10, 2017
Conference September 27-29, 2017
Registration September 1, 2017
The language of the Workshop is Chinese and English. For English manuscripts, it will be published in the proceedings with Springer in the Communications in Computer and Information Science series. The format of the manuscripts should follow Springer LNCS Authors Instructions, and the number of pages should be limited to 10-12 pages for long paper and 6 pages for short paper. For Chinese manuscripts, it will be published separately in a conference proceedings. Selected excellent Chinese manuscripts will be published by the Journal of Chinese Information Processing.
Papers will be undertaken by a double-blind review. The papers submitted for review must not contain authors' names and affiliations. Furthermore, self-references that reveal the author's identity, for example, "We showed (Authors’ name, 2017) ...", must be avoided. Instead, use citations such as "Authors’ name (2017) showed ...".
Submission System: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cwmt2017
Conference main page: http://ee.dlut.edu.cn/CWMT2017/index.html
Conference Chair: Qun LIU (Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences)
Program Co-chairs: Derek F. Wong (University of Macau), Deyi XIONG (Soochow University)