IoT-A 2017 : International Workshop on Internet of Things Applications
Call For Papers
International Workshop on Internet of Things Applications (IoT-A)
Held in conjunction with the 8th International Conference on Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks (EUSPN 2017)
September 18-20, 2017
The workshop provides a forum for sharing research experiences promoting all aspects of IoT-based applications and advances leading to the next frontiers of smart applications.
Internet of Things (IoT) is a fast growing field of research where sensors are monitoring actuators, appliances, and machines, as well as controlling them remotely, over the Internet. This development helped to create pervasive smart things that integrate computation into everyday environments and link them though Web and Cloud applications. This evolution is impacting our lifestyle and influencing the development of our economy across various industrial sectors including transportation, energy, agriculture, and healthcare. The enthusiasm displayed by researchers towards these developments triggered innovative research and development agendas encompassing a wide range of applications and use cases. These applications respond to contemporary needs for smart applications but face technical, business and societal challenges. These challenges are a combination of issues induced by:
(1) the wide-span of technologies used to sustain the computational capabilities of connected things and exploit the analytics of their large-scale and versatile data sources/formats,
(2) the new business models used by enterprises to generate value from smart applications and
(3) the security, privacy, and environmental threats as well as behavioural changes impeding users' adoption of these applications.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Web of Things
- Cloud platforms for IoT
- Vulnerabilities, attacks and associated mitigation strategies
- Internet-enabled cyber-physical systems
- Internet of educational things
- Pervasive health applications
- Business models and processes for IoT
- Semantic computing
- Privacy issues
- Smart objects
- Smart energy
- Connected cars
- Smart parking
- Things as a (Web) service
- Environment monitoring
- Data aggregation and analytics in IoT applications
- Sensing and data acquisition
- Information models
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Middleware architectures for IoT
- QoS and performance measurement of IoT applications
- Virtualization of IoT resources and services
Once accepted, your paper will be included into EUSPN'17 conference proceedings published by Elsevier's publishing services. At least one author of any accepted paper is expected to attend the workshop to present the paper. Extended version of selected papers in the workshop will be considered for publication in Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing (Springer).
Authors are requested to submit papers reporting original research results. The page limit for papers should not exceed 6 pages. Papers should be prepared using Elsevier (Template). Elsevier author guidelines of Procedia are available at: https://www.elsevier.com/journals/procedia-computer-science/1877-0509/guide-for-authors.
Authors are requested to submit their papers in PDF format only before the deadline.
Papers must be submitted via email to the Workshop Chairs: Yacine.Atif@his.se and Sujith.Mathew@zu.ac.ae
Subject line of the email: "IoT-A17: (Title of your paper)”.
Submission Deadline: May 30, 2017
Author Notification: June 19, 2017
Final Manuscript: July 19, 2017
Yacine Atif, University of Skövde, Sweden
Sujith Samuel Mathew, Zayed University, UAE