ISC2 2017 : The IEEE International Smart Cities Conference
Call For Papers
The IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2) is the premier conference sponsored by the IEEE Smart Cities Initiative. The ISC2 features a world-class conference that bring together researchers and practitioners in the field of smart city, including citizens, policy makers, administrators, infrastructure operators, industry representatives, economists, sociologists and academicians. Technical exchanges within the research community will encompass panels, plenary talks, technical sessions, tutorials, exhibitions and a hackathon. The theme of the 2017 edition of ISC2 is : Artificial Intelligence facilitates Smart City Development.The Technical program topics include, but are not limited to:
• Smart city theory, modeling and simulation
• Artificial Intelligence theory and technology related to smart city
• Intelligent infrastructure
• Sensors and actuators
• Smart economy development
• Open data and big data analytics
• Safety and security systems
• Smart healthcare
• Smart emergency management
• Smart environment and policy development
• Citizen engagement and smart governance
• Connected Vehicle (CV) technologies
• Smart mobility and transportation
• Internet of Things (IoT) for smart cities
• Intelligent vehicle-to-infrastructure integration
• Smart grid
• Environmental capital reduction
• Digital city and smart growth
• Pattern recognition for Smart city
• Big Data for smart city
• Smart traffic system operations
• Smart buildings
• Smart city implementation
• Pedestrian and bicyclist safety; mobility systems
• Smart city for special needs
• Smart manufacturing and logistics
• Environmental monitoring technologies
• Computational intelligence forSmart city
Prospective authors are invited to contribute high-quality original Full or Short papers via the EDAS submission site. Alternatively, authors can also send their paper via email:ISC2email@example.com. Full papers should describe novel research contributions with evaluation results and are limited to 6 pages (two additional pages are allowed with a per-page extra fee of $100). Short papers, limited in length to four (4) pages, should be more visionary in nature and are meant to discuss new challenges and visions, showcase early research results, and explore novel research directions.
All submitted papers must be unpublished and not considered elsewhere for publication. The papers should be written in English and formatted according to IEEE Template.
Each submitted paper will pass through the standard IEEE peer-review process and, if accepted and presented at the Conference, will appear in the conference proceedings and will be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore digital library. All the papers accepted by the ISC2 proceedings will be indexed by EI.
Paper contests will include a Conference Best Paper Award and a Best Student Paper Award.
The Authors of papers accepted and presented during the ISC2-2017 are allowed to submit suitably extended versions of their papers to one of the following journals, according to the respective scope: IEEE System Journal, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, International Journal of Computer Mathematics, International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology. Agreement with other perspective Journals is underway.