ONTOBRAS 2017 : ONTOBRAS - Brazilian Ontology Research Seminar
Call For Papers
Call for papers
# DEFINITION AND SCOPE #
Ontology is a cross-disciplinary field concerned with the study of concepts and theories that support the building of shared conceptualizations of specific domains. In recent years, there has been a growing interest in the application of ontologies to solve modeling and classification problems in diverse areas such as Computer Science, Information Science, Philosophy, Artificial Intelligence, Linguistics, Knowledge Management and many others.
The Brazilian Ontology Research Seminar (Ontobras) foresees an opportunity and scientific environment in which researchers and practitioners from Information Sciences and Computer Science can exchange the theories, methodologies, languages, tools and experience related to the ontology development and application. ONTOBRAS was defined by ontologist Brazilian community as the unique highly scientifically qualified forum for presenting and discussing ontologies and their cases of application in Brazil.
Therefore, we provide a non-comprehensive list of areas and researchers communities from which we expect to receive submissions:
* Information Science, for instance working with ontologies, thesauri, knowledge management;
* Databases, for instance working with semantic data integration, linked open data;
* Artificial Intelligence, for instance working with knowledge based systems, agents, ontology reasoning;
* Software Engineering, for instance working with conceptual modelling, Business Process Models;
* Informatics in Education, for instance working with Educational Ontologies , Semantic Web-based Educational Standards;
* Linguistics and philosophy, working with natural language processing using ontologies, theories of representation;
* Other applications of ontologies.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit theoretical, technical and practical research contributions that directly or indirectly address the issues above. Particularly welcome are e-science, life-sciences, e-business and cultural applications.
# FORMAT FOR SUBMISSIONS AND PUBLICATION #
We are interested in the various aspects of the field, from its philosophical and theoretical foundations to the new technologies and innovative applications.
Submissions (maximum 12 pages) should be written in Portuguese or English. All submissions will undergo a review process from experts in the field. Based on the reviewers evaluations, a submission may be recommended for acceptance as a full paper (typically, well evaluated papers describing research with clear demonstrated results) or as a short paper (typically, well evaluated papers describing ongoing work).
Accepted full papers will be invited for oral presentation at the conference. Accepted short papers will be invited for short presentations at the conference, accompanied by a poster.
Submissions should be done via Easychair:
The authors should use the SBC template:
The conference proceedings will be published online at CEUR-WS
# IMPORTANT DATES #
Main track submission deadline: May 3, 2017
Acceptance notification: June 12, 2017
Final version: July 10, 2017
# TOPICS #
Suggested areas of particular interest to the event include, but are not limited to:
* Ontology and Conceptual Modeling:
- Ontological Foundations for Conceptual Modeling and Metamodeling
- Foundational ontologies
- Upper-level ontologies
- Semantic consistency
- Ontology-based conceptual modeling tools and environments
* Ontologies and Knowledge Organization:
- Facets Theory
- Concept Theory
- Documentary languages. Thesaurus
* Ontology Engineering:
- Methodology, languages and tools
- Composition and modularity
- Merging, mapping and alignment
- Ontology language interoperability
- Ontology Design Patterns
- Integration methods, problems and practice
- Information retrieval
- Ontology Search
- LOD applications
- Ontology and Natural Language Processing:
- Linguistic ontologies applied to text processing
- Computational Linguistics
- Ontology for e-science, life-sciences, e-business and cultural applications
- Knowledge management
- Ontologies and semantic technologies in Education
- Ontology-driven information systems design
- Business modeling
* Ontology Visualization
----------- NEWS!!! ------------
Ontobras 2017 will include the ***1st Doctoral and Masters Consortium on Ontologies*** (Workshop de Teses e Dissertações em Ontologias)!
Call for contributions on https://ontobrasen2017.wordpress.com/call-for-papers-wtdo-dmtdo-2017/