WCO 2017 : 10th International Workshop on Computational Optimization
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
10th International Workshop on Computational Optimization (WCO'17)
Prague, Czech Republic, 3 - 6 September, 2017
We would like to cordially invite you to consider contributing a paper to WCO’17 - held as a part of the Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS 2017).
FedCSIS an annual international multi-conference, this year organized jointly by the Polish Information Processing Society (PTI), Poland Section Computer Society Chapter and Czech Technical University in Prague, in technical cooperation with the IEEE Region 8, IEEE Chechoslovakia Section, IEEE Poland Section, IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Intelligent Informatics, IEEE Czechoslovakia Section Computer Society Chapter, Poland Section (Gdansk) Computer Society Chapter, IEEE SMC Technical Committee on Computational Collective Intelligence, Poland Section Computational Intelligence Society Chapter, ACM Special Interest Group on Applied Computing, Lodz (Poland) ACM Chapter, Committee of Computer Science of Polish Academy of Sciences, Polish Operational and Systems Research Society, Eastern Cluster ICT Poland, Polish Cluster of Research and Development of Internet of Things, Mazovia Cluster ICT.
The aim of WCO is to stimulate the communication between researchers working on different fields of optimization and practitioners who need reliable and efficient computational optimization methods. We invite original contributions related to both theoretical and practical aspects of optimization methods.
The list of topics includes, but is not limited to:
- combinatorial and continuous global optimization
- unconstrained and constrained optimization
- multiobjective and robust optimization
- optimization in dynamic and/or noisy environments
- optimization on graphs
- large-scale optimization, in parallel and distributed computational environments
- meta-heuristics for optimization, nature-inspired approaches and any other derivative-free methods
- exact/heuristic hybrid methods, involving natural computing techniques and other global and local optimization methods
The applications of interest are included in the list below, but are not limited to:
- classical operational research problems (knapsack, traveling salesman, etc)
- computational biology and distance geometry
- data mining and knowledge discovery
- human motion simulations; crowd simulations
- industrial applications
- optimization in statistics, econometrics, finance, physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, and engineering.
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Papers should be submitted by May 10, 2017 (strict deadline). Preprints will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants. Only papers presented during the conference will be submitted to the IEEE for inclusion in the Xplore Digital Library. Furthermore, proceedings, published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers will posted at the conference WWW site. Moreover, most Events' organizers arrange quality journals, edited volumes, etc. and may invite selected extended and revised papers for post-conference publications (information can be found at the websites of individual events).
Extended versions of selected papers presented during the conference will be published as a volume in the Studies in Computational Intelligence Springer series.
- Paper submission: May 10, 2017 (strict deadline, there will be no extensions)
- Position paper submission: May 31, 2017
- Acceptance decision: June 14, 2017
- Final version of paper submission: June 28, 2017
- Final deadline for discounted fee: August 1, 2017
- Conference dates: September 3-6, 2017
- Fidanova, Stefka, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
- Mucherino, Antonio, INRIA, France
- Zaharie, Daniela, West University of Timisoara, Romania
CHAIRS OF FedCSIS CONFERENCE SERIES
Maria Ganzha, Leszek A. Maciaszek, Marcin Paprzycki
CONTACT FedCSIS AT: email@example.com
FedCSIS on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/FedCSISFacebook
FedCSIS on LinkedIN: http://tinyurl.com/FedCSISLinkedIN