ICCE 2018 : IEEE 36th International Conference on Consumer Electronics
Conference Series : International Conference on Computers in Education
Call For Papers
IEEE ICCE 2018 - Hard-Submission DEADLINE: July 31, 2017 - CFP - 6 Keynotes Confirmed, 13 General Tracks, 8 Special Tracks
36thIEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CONSUMER ELECTRONICS (ICCE)
January 12-14, 2018, Las Vegas, USA.
The IEEE Consumer Electronics (CE) Society is soliciting technical papers for oral and poster presentations at their 36th annual flagship conference, IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE) in Las Vegas. ICCE is the established forum for innovative research in all areas of consumer electronics and is co-located with the CTA’s International Consumer Electronics Show (CES). CES is world’s largest consumer electronics trade-conference. The theme of ICCE 2018 is “Cybersecurity”. Topics consistent with this theme include all aspects of foundation technologies and robust architectures that support privacy, reliability, anti-counterfeiting, authentication, content protection for consumer electronics devices, their networks, and the services connected to these devices.
(1) Smart Healthcare - Niraj Jha, Princeton University
(2) 2020: Life with 50 Billion Connected Devices- Gary Davis, McAfee, Inc.
(3) Emerging NUI-based Methods for User Authentication- Nasir Memon, New York University
(4) Deep Learning Networks in CE - Petronel Bigioi, FotoNation
(5) Internet of Things Security: Are We Paranoid Enough?- Swarup Bhunia, University of Florida
(6) Proactive Cyber Security Response by Utilizing Passive Monitoring Technologies -Koji Nakao, National Information Communication Technologies, Japan
Paper contributions are sought in but are not limited to following areas:
(1) Security and Privacy of CE Hardware and Software Systems (SPC)
(2) Energy Management of CE Hardware and Software Systems (EMC)
(3) Application-Specific CE for Smart Cities (SMC)
(4) RF, Wireless,andNetwork Technologies (WNT)
(5) Internet of Things and Internet of Everywhere (IoT)
(6) Entertainment, Gaming, and Virtual and Augmented Reality (EGV)
(7) Audio, Music and VideoSystems, and Cameras and Acquisition (AVS)
(8) Automotive CE Applications (CEA)
(9) CE Sensors and MEMS (CSM)
(10) Consumer Healthcare Systems (CHS)
(11) Enabling and HCI Technologies (HCI)
(12) Smartphone and Mobile Device Technologies (MDT)
(13) Other Technologies Related with CE (MIS)
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished manuscripts of 2- to 6-page length at https://edas.info/showConferenceDetails.php?c=23404. Previously published papers or papers under review for other conferences/journals should not be submitted for consideration. Authors may prepare original work of maximum 6 pages with an 200-word abstract using double-column IEEE conference-format template: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
All accepted papers (including regular papers, special session papers, and SRF papers) will be published in the ICCE 2018 Digest or Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore. Instructions for authors and document templates are available on the conference website. A selected set of papers from ICCE 2018 program will be invited for submission to special issues of peer-reviewed journals (e.g. CE Magazine/Transactions) based on reviewer’s feedback and quality of conference presentation.
In addition to regular oral and poster sessions based on the above tracks, ICCE 2018 will have many special sessions on current hot topics related to CE. ICCE 2018 will also feature industry tracks and a student research forum as an integral part. The technical program committee invites proposals for special sessions, industry tracks, and expert panels. These proposals as well as the student research forum papers can be submitted at the EDAS link.
Call for Special Session and Expert Panel Proposals:
The organizing committee invites proposals for Special Sessions and Expert Panels on the current hot topics in CE areas. These proposals can be submitted at the EDAS link. The deadline is same as the regular submissions deadline. The Special Session and Expert Panel Proposals should follow these guidelines:
(1) Not exceed two pages.
(2) Should describe the topic, the format and intended audience.
(3) Must include the session title, the organizers, and a list of suggested participants with their biographical data and presentation topics. It is preferred to have three talks in each special session (maximum of three papers can be included in a session).
(4) Sessions with two talks of 30 mins duration each as well as Sessions of 1hr tutorial/talk are also considered.
(5) Submit online at EDAS choosing the following track:
ST01: Special Session Proposals (SSP)
ST02: Expert Panel Proposals (EPP)
The Special Sessions can be either oral presentations or poster presentations. Speaker presenting the work at the special session needs to register at the conference, and has the opportunity to include a paper up to 6 pages (minimally a 1-page extended abstract required) in the proceedings. Papers will be reviewed and published in the conference proceedings.
Call for Student Research Forum (SRF) Papers:
ICCE 2018 will feature a student research forum (SRF) as an integral part. The ICCE 2018 organizing committee invites perspective authors to submit their original unpublished work of maximum 4 pages using IEEE double-column conference format-template. Manuscripts in PDF format should be submitted to the “Student Research Forum” track at the online submission link at EDAS choosing the following track:
FT01: Student Research Forum (SRF).
The submission deadline is the same as specified for the regular paper submissions. All the accepted student research forum papers after reviewing will be published in the conference proceedings.The mode of presentation of Student Research Forum (SRF) papers is “poster”. The primary/first of the SRF papers need to be a student.
Presenters presenting the work at the Student Research Forum (SRF) needs to register at the conference, and has the opportunity to include a paper up to 4 pages (minimally a 2-page extended abstract required) in the proceedings. Papers will be reviewed and published in the conference proceedings.
Important dates of ICCE 2018 are the following:
Submission Deadline: July 31, 2017
Acceptance Notification: September 05, 2017
Submission of Final Version: September 25, 2017
Special Sessions Tracks:
(1) ST03: Digital Experience (DEX)
(2) ST04: Wireless Sensor Networks and Big Data for IoT Applications (BDI)
(3) ST05: Architecture-Level Energy, Security, and Reliability Solutions for CE Digital Hardware (ESR)
(4) ST06: IoT for Healthy Independent Living (HIL)
(5) ST07: Drones as Evolved Smart Multi-Sensor Networks (DSN)
(6) ST08: Cybersecurity Beyond Encryption - Systems and Processes for Protection of CE (CSP)
(7) ST09: AR&VR Display and Human Interface Technologies for Automobile (AVA)
(8) ST10: Deep Learning in CE (DCE)
(1) TT01: IEEE Cloud Computing (CCC)
(2) TT02: IEEE Sensors Council (IEEE-Sensor)
(3) TT03: IEEE Digital Senses Initiative (DSI)
(4) TT04: IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA)
(5) TT05: IEEE Future Directions (IEEE-FD)
(6) TT06: IEEE Women in Engineering (IEEE-WIE)
(7) TT07: IEEE Young Professionals (IEEE-YP)
ICCE 2018 Organizing Committee:
Saraju P. Mohanty, University of North Texas, USA
Peter Corcoran, National University of Ireland Galway, Ireland
Hai (Helen) Li, Duke University, USA
Anirban Sengupta, IIT Indore, India
Jong-Hyouk Lee, Sangmyung University, Korea
Muhammad Khurram Khan, King Saud University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Himanshu Thapliyal, University of Kentucky, USA
Brian Markwalter, Consumer Electronics Association
Special Session Chairs:
Fernando Pescador, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
Shiyan Hu, Michigan Techn. University, USA
Daniel Díaz Sánchez, Carlos III University of Madrid, Spain
Student Research Forum Chairs:
Joonki Paik, Chung-Ang University, Korea
Scott Linfoot, MASS, UK
Xavier Fernando, Ryerson University, Canada
Konstantin Glasman, Saint Petersburg State University of Film and Television, Russia
Alak Majumder, NIT Arunachal Pradesh, India
Local Arrangement Chair:
Stuart Lipoff, IP Action Partners Inc, USA
Si Jung Kim, University of Nevada Las Vegas, USA
Soumya Kanti Datta, Eurecom, France
Poster Session Chair:
Fabrizio Lamberti, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Thomas Coughlin, Coughlin Associates, USA
Stefan Mozar, Dynexsys Pvt Ltd, Australia
Haruhiko Okumura, Toshiba Corporation, Japan
Industry Liaison Chairs:
L. Dennis Shapiro, Arzak Corporation, USA
Stephen Dukes, Imaginary Universes LLC, USA
Charlotte Kobert, CESoc staff, USA
Contact email: email@example.com