ICDC 2018 : International Conference on Design Creativity 2018
Call For Papers
The 5th International Conference on Design Creativity (ICDC 2018) will take place in Bath, UK 31st Jan-2nd February 2018. The conference series is founded on shared international interest in studying the nature of design creativity. The conference’s core topics include: cognitive processes underlying design creativity, computational models of design creativity, and practical processes to incorporate the human and social dimensions.
Conscious Creativity is the special theme for ICDC2018. The conference will continue to offer a specialised forum for those consciously studying the topic of creativity within design. However, we also welcome submissions on the use of design creativity methods and theory that consciously address the global design problems of the 21st century such as effective remote collaboration, enabling cross-cultural perspectives, approaches to sustainable resource and environmental management, and the role of technology in creative working.
The 5th ICDC conference is an official conference of the Design Society promoted by its Special Interest Group (SIG) on Design Creativity. The SIG was established in 2007; since then, its remit has expanded to include researchers and practitioners in the areas of: design, engineering, computer science, education, management, linguistics, and cognitive science.
The topics and themes of the conference include — but are not limited to:
- Collaborative creative design
- Cognition in creative design
- Creative design processes and methods
- Creative design cultures
- Design creativity support tools
- Measuring creativity and its impact
- Social dimensions of creative design
- Teaching creativity and innovation
- Bioinspired design
- Open innovation for creative industries
- ICT for creativity
- Creative processes in design
- Creativity for sustainability
- Creativity for complex problems
- Linking creativity to innovation
- Creative learners and practitioners
- Case studies of new creative practice
- Big data to support creative practice
All submitted papers will be peer reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Papers accepted and presented at the podium sessions will be published through the Design Society. The most significant papers, after revision and extension, will be recommended for submission to a special issue of the Scopus-listed International Journal of Design Creativity and Innovation (also listed in the Emerging Sources Citation Index), which will be published in collaboration with this conference.
Email queries to email@example.com.