STIL 2017 : The 11th Brazilian Symposium in Information and Human Language Technology - STIL
Call For Papers
The 11th Brazilian Symposium in Information and Human Language Technology
Uberlândia/MG, October 02-04, 2017
STIL is the bi-annual Language Technology event supported by the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC – http://www.sbc.org.br) and by the Brazilian Special Interest Group on Natural Language Processing (CE-PLN – http://www.nilc.icmc.usp.br/cepln/).
In 2017, it will be held in conjunction with both BRACIS 2017 (The 6th Brazilian Conference on Intelligent Systems) and ENIAC 2017 (XIV Encontro Nacional de Inteligência Artificial e Computacional).
STIL will have the following collocated events: V Workshop on Portuguese Description and V Student Workshop on Information and Human Language Technology (TILic).
The conference has a multidisciplinary nature and covers a broad spectrum of disciplines related to Human Language Technology, such as Linguistics, Computer Science, Psycholinguistics, Information Science, among others. It aims at bringing together both academic and industrial participants working on those areas.
STIL 2017 welcomes research work in human language technology in general (and not only Portuguese) in various fields. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
– Natural Language Processing Applications
– Natural Language Resources & Tools
– User Studies and Evaluation Methods
– Corpus Linguistics
– Phonology/Morphology, Tagging and Chunking, Word Segmentation
– Terminology, Lexicology and Lexicography
– Lexical Semantics
– Grammar Formalisms, Syntax and Parsing
– Semantics, Semantic Representations and Semantic Parsing
– Discourse, Dialogue and Pragmatics
– Information Extraction & Retrieval
– Question Answering
– Human and Machine Translation, Multilinguality
– Summarization and Generation
– Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining
– Text Classification
– Text/Web Mining
– Spoken Language Processing
– Statistical and Machine Learning Methods for Language Processing
– Semantic Web
– Natural Language Interfaces
– Computer-Aided Writing Tools
– Information Filtering and Retrieval
– Digital Libraries
– Document and Knowledge Management
– Knowledge Representation and Modeling
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Papers can be written in Portuguese, English, or Spanish.
We accept submissions of long and short papers. Long papers should describe complete work with significant results. Short papers can report work in progress, negative results, opinion papers, or application papers.
Long papers may have up to eight (8) pages of content (including tables and pictures), with two (2) additional pages of references, and will be presented orally. Short papers should have up to four (4) pages of content, and one (1) additional page of references, and will be presented as posters. Authors should also indicate whether they accept their long paper to be reallocated as a poster should the reviewers recommend so.
Paper formatting must follow the SBC guidelines available at this address: http://bit.ly/2jFbJTa
* Reviewing Process
All submitted papers will be reviewed by at least two experts in the field. The reviewing will be double blind and therefore papers should not display any information regarding their authorship in the header or body of the text. Self-references that reveal the author’s identity, e.g., “As we previously showed (Silva, 2005)…”, must be avoided. Instead, authors such use “Silva previously showed (Silva, 2005)…”.
* Submission Policy
By submitting papers to STIL 2017, the authors agree that in case of acceptance at least one author registers to the conference and presents the paper. Furthermore, it is the conference policy that at least one of the authors of accepted papers has to register *before* the deadline for sending the camera-ready paper. Accepted papers without the respective author registration *before* the deadline will not be included in the online proceedings.
* Important Dates
– Deadline Submission for Long and Short Papers: May 22, 2017
– Acceptance notification: July 30, 2017
– Final camera-ready papers due: August 18, 2017
* Submission System
Long and short papers should only be submitted in PDF files via JEMS system https://jems.sbc.org.br/jems2/ by the deadline indicated above.
Profa. Vládia C. M. Pinheiro (Universidade de Fortaleza/Brazil)
Prof. Gustavo H. Paetzold (Universidade de Sheffield/UK)
Prof. Paulo Henrique R. Gabriel (UFU, Brazil)