ICEIS 2010 : 12th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems
Conference Series : International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems
Call For Papers
ICEIS 2010 is organized by INSTICC (Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication)
The purpose of the 12th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS) is to bring together researchers, engineers and practitioners interested in the advances and business applications of information systems. Five simultaneous tracks will be held, covering different aspects of Enterprise Information Systems Applications, including Enterprise Database Technology, Systems Integration, Artificial Intelligence, Decision Support Systems, Information Systems Analysis and Specification, Internet Computing, Electronic Commerce and Human Factors.
ICEIS focuses on real world applications; therefore authors should highlight the benefits of Information Technology for industry and services. Ideas on how to solve business problems, using IT, will arise from the conference. Papers describing advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques and general survey papers indicating future directions are also encouraged. Papers describing original work are invited in any of the areas listed below. Accepted papers, presented at the conference by one of the authors, will be published in the Proceedings of ICEIS. Acceptance will be based on quality, relevance and originality. Both full research reports and work-in-progress reports are welcome. There will be both oral and poster sessions.
Special sessions, dedicated to case-studies and commercial presentation are also envisaged: companies interested in presenting their products/methodologies or researchers interested in holding a tutorial are invited to contact the conference secretariat. Information concerning the previous ICEIS editions (ICEIS'99, ICEIS 2000, ICEIS 2001, ICEIS 2002, ICEIS 2003, ICEIS 2004, ICEIS 2005, ICEIS 2006, ICEIS 2007, ICEIS 2008, ICEIS 2009) can be found at http://www.iceis.org.
Each of these topic areas is expanded below but the sub-topics list is not exhaustive. Papers may address one or more of the listed sub-topics, although authors should not feel limited by them. Unlisted but related sub-topics are also acceptable, provided they fit in one of the following main topic areas:
1. Databases and Information Systems Integration
2. Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support Systems
3. Information Systems Analysis and Specification
4. Software Agents and Internet Computing
5. Human-Computer Interaction
AREA 1: Databases and Information Systems Integration
* Coupling and Integrating Heterogeneous Data Sources
* Enterprise Resource Planning
* Middleware Integration
* Legacy Systems
* Organisational Issues on Systems Integration
* Distributed Database Applications
* Object-Oriented Database Systems
* Enterprise-Wide Client-Server Architecture
* Database Security and Transaction Support
* Data Warehouses
* Multimedia Database Applications
* Web Databases
* Mobile Databases
* Software Engineering
* Software Measurement
AREA 2: Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support Systems
* Intelligent Agents
* Industrial Applications of Artificial Intelligence
* Strategic Decision Support Systems
* Group Decision Support Systems
* Applications of Expert Systems
* Advanced Applications of Fuzzy Logic
* Advanced Applications of Neural Network
* Natural Language Interfaces to Intelligent Systems
* Bayesian Networks
* Evolutionary Programming
* Coordination in Multi-Agent Systems
* Intelligent Social Agents and Distributed Artificial Intelligence Applications
* Intelligent Tutoring Systems
* Case-Based Reasoning Systems
* Knowledge-based Systems Engineering
* Knowledge Management
AREA 3: Information Systems Analysis and Specification
* Systems Engineering Methodologies
* Information Engineering Methodologies
* Organisational Semiotics
* Semiotics in Computing
* Requirements Analysis
* Ontology Engineering
* Modelling Formalisms, Languages, and Notations (e.g. UML, ER variants)
* CASE Tools for System Development
* Modelling of Distributed Systems
* Modelling Concepts and Information Integration Tools
* Business Processes Re-engineering
* Security, Freedom and Privacy
AREA 4: Software Agents and Internet Computing
* B2B and B2C Applications
* Process Design and Organisational Issues in e-Commerce
* E-Procurement and Web-based supply chain management
* Market-spaces: market portals, hubs, auctions
* E-Learning and e-Teaching
* Intranet and Extranet Business Applications
* Agents for Internet Computing
* Web Information Agents
* Case studies on Electronic Commerce
* Public sector applications of e-Commerce
* Interactive and Multimedia Web Applications
* Network Implementation Choices
* Object Orientation in Internet and Distributed Computing
* Internet and Collaborative Computing
* Semantic Web Technologies
* Wireless and Mobile Computing
* Agent-Oriented Programming
AREA 5: Human-Computer Interaction
* HCI on Enterprise Information Systems
* Functional and non-functional Requirements
* Internet HCI: Web Interfaces and Usability
* Design Methodology and Cognitive Factors in Design
* Multimedia Systems
* Machine perception: vision, speech, other
* Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
* Intelligent User Interfaces
* User Needs
* Human Factors
* Accessibility to Disabled Users
* Geographical Information Systems
* Computer Art
ICEIS 2010 will have several invited keynote speakers, who are internationally recognized experts in their areas. Their names are not yet confirmed.
Authors should submit an original paper in English, carefully checked for correct grammar and spelling, using the on-line submission procedure. Please check the paper formats so you may be aware of the accepted paper page limits.
The guidelines for paper formatting provided at the conference web site must be strictly used for all submitted papers. The submission format is the same as the camera-ready format. Please check and carefully follow the instructions and templates provided.
Each paper should clearly indicate the nature of its technical/scientific contribution, and the problems, domains or environments to which it is applicable.
Papers that are out of the conference scope or contain any form of plagiarism will be rejected without reviews.
Remarks about the on-line submission procedure:
1. A "double-blind" paper evaluation method will be used. To facilitate that, the authors are kindly requested to produce and provide the paper, WITHOUT any reference to any of the authors. This means that is necessary to remove the authors personal details, the acknowledgements section and any reference that may disclose the authors identity.
LaTeX/PS/PDF/DOC/DOCX/RTF format are accepted.
2. The web submission procedure automatically sends an acknowledgement, by e-mail, to the contact author.
Paper submission types:
Regular Paper Submission
A regular paper presents a work where the research is completed or almost finished. It may be accepted as a “full paper” (30 min. oral presentation), a “short paper” (20 min. oral presentation) or a “poster”.
Position Paper Submission
A position paper presents an arguable opinion about an issue. The goal of a position paper is to convince the audience that your opinion is valid and worth listening to, without the need to present completed research work and/or validated results. It is, nevertheless, important to support your argument with evidence to ensure the validity of your claims. A position paper may be a short report and discussion of ideas, facts, situations, methods, procedures or results of scientific research (bibliographic, experimental, theoretical, or other) focused on one of the conference topic areas. The acceptance of a position paper is restricted to the categories of "short paper" or "poster", i.e. a position paper is not a candidate to acceptance as "full paper".
After the reviewing process is completed, the contact author (the author who submits the paper) of each paper will be notified of the result, by e-mail. The authors are required to follow the reviews in order to improve their paper before the camera-ready submission.
All accepted papers will be published in the proceedings, under an ISBN reference, in paper and in CD-ROM support.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support.
A book including a selection of the best conference papers will be edited and published by Springer.
The proceedings will be indexed by Conference Proceedings Citation Index, INSPEC and DBLP.
EI already agreed to index some of the past ICEIS proceedings and the proceedings of ICEIS 2010 will be considered by EI after their publication.
Regular Paper Submission: February 22, 2010 (new deadline extension)
Authors Notification (Regular Papers): March 30, 2010 (deadline extended)
Final Regular Paper Submission and Registration: April 12, 2010 (deadline extended)
Address: Av. D.Manuel I, 27A 2ºesq.
2910-595 Setúbal - Portugal
Tel.: +351 265 520 184
Fax: +44 203 014 8816
The conference will be held in the Tivoli Madeira Hotel. The Tivoli Madeira is a truly stunning property located 5 minutes from Funchal city centre and 30 minutes from Madeira International Airport. This award-winning hotel overlooks the beachfront promenade and guests are guaranteed gorgeous views of the sea with direct access from the hotel to the sandy beach..
Joaquim Filipe, Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal / INSTICC, Portugal
José Cordeiro, Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal / INSTICC, Portugal
GENERAL WORKSHOP CHAIRS
Slimane Hammoudi, École Supérieure d' Electronique de l' Ouest, France
Olivier Camp, École Supérieure d' Electronique de l' Ouest, France