JISA-SI: Mobile-SPT 2017 : JISA: SPECIAL ISSUE ON “Mobile Networks and Devices Security, Privacy and Trust”
Call For Papers
SPECIAL ISSUE ON
“Mobile Networks and Devices Security, Privacy and Trust”
AIMS & SCOPE
Mobile networks and devices are currently developing at a rapid pace. With the rapid growth of mobile users, how to protect mobile networks against various attacks has become a big challenge. Taking mobile devices as an example, these devices are tiny, and users may lose them easily. In addition, these devices are very attractive to thieves because of their popularity and resale value. In recent years, security experts have predicted the rise of malware and attacks on mobile networks and devices. As a result, there is an increasing need for secure solutions to protect users' sensitive and private information in the mobile environment.
This special issue will focus on mobile context and aims to solicit original research papers that discuss the security, privacy and trust of mobile networks and devices.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
The goal of this special issue is to collect high-quality contributions to address the security, privacy and trust concerns for mobile networks and devices. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the ones listed below.
- Adversarial modeling
- Vulnerability Assessment and testing
- Intrusion detection and prevention schemes
- Tracing back mobile attackers
- Impact of human social behavior on mobile usage
- Secure routing and access control
- Mobile authentication mechanisms
- Security testing of new or existing usability features
- Agent based intrusion surveillance
- Wireless Access Technologies
- Multimedia security issues for tackling intruders
- Trust evaluation on mobile networks/devices
- Detection of malicious information propagation in mobile networks
- Models, methods, and tools for testing the security of mobile networks
Authors should prepare their manuscript according to the Guide for Authors available from the online submission page of the Journal of Information Security and Applications (JISA) at http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-information-security-and-applications.
Authors should select “SI: Mobile-SPT” when they reach the “Article Type” step in the submission process.
All papers will be peer-reviewed by at least three independent reviewers. Requests for additional information should be addressed to the Corresponding Guest Editor.
• Submission deadline: August 15, 2017
• Fast rejection notification: September 15, 2017
• Initial notification: October 15, 2017
• Final acceptance/rejection notification: February 15, 2018
• Publication: As per the policy of journal
Weizhi Meng (Corresponding)
Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
University of Waterloo, Canada
University of Salerno, Italy
Man Ho Au
Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong