AIED DC 2017 : Call for Doctoral Consortium Papers at the AIED 2017
Call For Papers
The Doctoral Consortium (DC) at the AIED 2017 conference provides
opportunities for cross-fertilization of knowledge and ideas from doctoral
students in the many fields that make up this interdisciplinary research
area. The DC will serve as a forum for doctoral students to present their
work, exchange experiences with peers, discuss ideas for future research,
and receive feedback from established AIED researchers and the wider AIED
community. We invite students who feel they would benefit from this kind of
feedback on their dissertation work by sharing their research with peer
students and with senior researchers in the field.
The DC track welcomes papers that report on work-in-progress from doctoral
students at any stage in their careers. The strongest candidates will be
those who have a clear topic and research approach, and have made some
progress, but who are not so far along that they can no longer benefit from
feedback received during the conference. The papers must be primarily
authored by the doctoral students but can have advisors and collaborators
listed as co-authors. The topics of interest are related to the main
*Structure of DC papers*
The papers should describe, in a logical and coherent manner, the aims and
objectives of the proposed research, by clearly illustrating:
1. The problem(s) addressed and the fit with the state of the art,
including any previous work the doctoral student has done.
2. The proposed solution(s) and the methodology adopted to achieve it.
3. The main contribution(s) of the research to the AIED community.
4. The type of feedback sought from the DC.
*Format of DC Papers and Submission Instructions*
Papers should be:
- 4 pages long, including references.
- Submitted in electronic format via the EasyChair conference paper
management system. Instructions on how to submit papers can be found on the
- Formatted in accordance with the guidelines for AIED submissions.
- DC papers due: 27th February, 2017
- Author notification: 20th March, 2017
- Camera ready due: 27th March, 2017
*Format of DC at AIED 2017 Conference*
- Accepted DC authors will be invited to participate in roundtable
sessions during the conference where they will present their work and
receive feedback from senior researchers and other DC participants.
- There will be a DC lunch where DC participants and senior researchers
will have the opportunity to network and socialize.
There may be funding to cover travel, hotel, and/or registration for
advanced students in the Doctoral Consortium. The National Science
Foundation and European Community may supply such funds, depending on the
outcome of submissions by the conference leadership team. Please check the
website for such opportunities as they become available.
Arizona State University
National Central University
For more information, please refer to conference website: