LP-EMS 2017 : 3rd Workshop on design of Low Power EMbedded Systems
Call For Papers
3rd Workshop on design of Low Power EMbedded Systems
Co-located with ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers 2017
May 15 - 17, 2017, Siena, Italy
AIM and SCOPE
Modern cyber-physical and highly networked systems impose to designers challenging and conflicting requirements. Implementing real-time high-performance systems and minimizing, contemporarily, their power consumption is not straightforward. Emergent and unpredictable behaviours require these systems to adapt at runtime to mutable conditions. Therefore, advanced modelling strategies as well as efficient design automation techniques should be capable of optimizing complex parallel applications over heterogeneous multi- and many-cores platforms. Complexity on algorithmic side and heterogeneity on hardware side are colliding system constraints, which can be tackled by adopting hw/sw co-design solutions and flexible design frameworks.
With respect to this context, contributions are expected in different fields of digital signal processing such as: telecommunication, multimedia, medical imaging, computing graphics, biomedical applications and many others!
Papers may include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- High-level synthesis and hw/sw co-design techniques for low-power digital signal/image processing;
- Design of self-energy aware systems;
-Design space exploration techniques, with special emphasis on power/energy estimations and power minimization methodologies;
- Approximate computing, low power arithmetics;
- Parallel/high throughput processing techniques for low-power digital signal/image processing;
- Algorithm-level optimization, low-complexity algorithm for low-power digital signal/image processing;
- MPEG Green Metadata;
- Dynamic voltage and frequency scaling, HW and SW dynamic power management.
Abstract due: February 24, 2017
Submission due: March 3, 2017
Notification of acceptance/rejection: March 21, 2017
Submission of camera-ready papers and registration: April 6, 2017
Please access the Easy Chair LP-EMS17 account to submit your paper:
Computing Frontiers 2017 has obtained the Technical sponsorship of the ACM Association for Computing Machinery. All the papers will be published on the ACM digital library.
1.Full papers are allowed up to six (6) double-column pages in standard ACM conference format. Authors, can buy up to two (2) extra pages at 100 Euro per page. These limits include figures, tables, and references.
2.Our review process is double-blind. Thus, please remove all identifying information from the paper submission (and cite your own work in the third person).
3.Accepted papers will be published in the Computing Frontiers 2017 proceedings and in the ACM Digital Library.
1.As per ACM guidelines, at least one author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference.
General and Organization Co-Chairs:
- Francesco Conti, ETH Zurich - University of Bologna
- Paolo Meloni, University of Cagliari
- Daniel Menard, INSA Rennes
Coordination with ACM Computer Frontier Conference Co-Chairs:
- Francesca Palumbo, University of Sassari,
- Maxime Pelcat, INSA Rennes, IETR, Institut Pascal,
Program Committee :
- François Berry, Institut Pascal (FR)
- Jani Boutellier, University of Oulu (FIN)
- Daniel Chillet, IRISA - Institut de Recherche en Informatique et Systèmes Aleatoires (FR)
- Eduardo Juarez, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (ES)
- Marco Mattavelli, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne(CH)
- Smail Niar, University of Valenciennes (FR)
- Jose-Luis Nunez-Yanez, University of Bristol (UK)
- Fernando Pescador, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (ES)
- Nuno Roma, IST - Instituto Superior Técnico, University of Lisbon (PT)
- Carlo Sau, Università degli Studi di Cagliari (IT)
- Muhammad Shafique, Vienna University of Technology (AT)
- Leonel Sousa, IST - Instituto Superior Técnico, University of Lisbon (PT)