MoCS - 2017 : Seventh Workshop on Management of Cloud and Smart City Systems
Call For Papers
Call for papers
Seventh Workshop on Management of Cloud and Smart City Systems (MoCS 2017)
July 3rd, 2017, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
National Research Council of Italy
University of Messina, Italy
in association with:
The Twenty-Second IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC 2017)
Submission: March 27, 2017
Notification: April 17, 2017
Camera-ready: April 24, 2017
Workshop: July 3, 2017
Scope and topics
The low cost of hardware components and the rapid growth of a business model for
Cloud services are two important drivers for the success of the Cloud.
Nevertheless, most of the players today require also to analyze data available
on the Cloud with a holistic approach provided often by data mining techniques.
Under this respect, services designed for complex scenarios like Smart Cities
benefit of this new Cloud era.
The objective is to track and comprehend the flow of novelty in Cloud systems
and to put on the foreground all the features and related issues, with a
particular attention to the convergence of Cloud systems together with Smart
City systems and on the (re)use of open Cloud platforms for designing services
for Smart Cities.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Experiences on the use of Cloud systems when applied to services designed for
- Analytical and simulation models and tools to measure systems scalability and
to achieve resource saving in socio-technical Smart City systems
- Novel adaptive management solutions for scalable, maintainable, cost-effective
- Cloud provision, at all software stack layers;
- New models and paradigms for the management of Cloud services at the host
level, within/between data centres (intra- /inter-domain);
- Big Data flows processing for Smart City scenarios;
- Relationship between IoT and Cloud systems in Smart City scenarios;
- (Re)use of open Cloud-integrated platforms for the design of Smart
Papers should be written in English. Manuscripts should not exceed 6 pages in
the IEEE proceedings style, including all figures, tables and references.
To submit a paper, please follow the instructions on the Workshop web site.
The Workshop Proceedings will be part of the ISCC 2017 Proceedings and will
submitted for publication to IEEE Xplore (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org)
Michele Girolami: email@example.com
Maria Fazio: firstname.lastname@example.org