Artech 2017 : 8th International Conference on Digital Arts
Call For Papers
“ARTECH2017 – Interfaces of Tomorrow” is the 8th International Conference on Digital Arts, this time hosted by the University of Saint Joseph in the city of Macau, China. The goal of the conference is to promote the interest in the current digital culture and its intersection with art and technology as an important research field, but also as a common space for discussion and exchange of new experiences. Seeking to foster greater understanding about digital arts and culture across a wide spectrum of cultural, disciplinary, and professional practices. To this end, we cordially invite scholars, teachers, researchers, artists, computer professionals, and others who are working within the broadly defined areas of digital arts, culture and education to join us.
Authors are invited to submit papers from all areas related to digital art, but also art installations, interactive art or media artworks, for review by an international committee. Both research and applications papers are of relevance to ARTECH2017.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
Art and Science Theory
Art and Technology
Audio-Visual and Multimedia Design
Design and Data Visualization
Digital Technologies and Making
e-Learning in Art and Media Studies
Generative and Algorithmic Art & Design
Interactive Systems for Artistic Applications
Media Art History
Web Art and Digital Culture
Digital Media, Apps and eBooks
Technology in Art Education
Virtual and Augmented Reality
The International Scientific and Art Committee members are composed of experts in various disciplines. The conference program will consist of keynote speakers by eminent specialists, oral presentation of the contributed papers, art installations, videos and posters of the work-in-progress.
Full papers will be published by ACM ICPS and will be available through ACM’s Digital Library. (We are currently working on having also short papers in ACM ICPS.)
The Submission of a paper implies the intention of at least one of the authors to register and attend to the conference in order to perform a spoken presentation. Papers that are accepted and presented at the symposium by one of the authors will appear in the conference proceedings. The final version of accepted papers should be submitted with the name of the authors and institutions (there’s no need for a further blind review).
Authors of selected papers presented in the conference (including essays describing the best art installations) will be invited to submit extended versions to one of the following journals:
- Journal of Science and Technology of the Arts (ISSN: 1646-9798) (http://artes.ucp.pt/citarj) (ISI- WoS Thomson Reuters – ESCI index, Scopus Elsevier and ProQuest).
- International Journal of Creative Interfaces and Computer Graphics. ISSN: 1947-3117 (http://www.igi-global.com/IJCICG) (ACM Database).
- *Revista Comunicar (ISSN:1134-3478) (http://www.revistacomunicar.com/ ) (ISI-WoS Thomson Reuters, Scopus Elsevier)
- *International Journal of Education through Art (ISSN: 1743-5234) (http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=121/ ) (Scopus Elsevier)
- *Revista Ibérica de Sistemas e Tecnologias de Informação* (ISSN:1646-9895) (http://www.risti.xyz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26&Itemid=125&lang=pt) (ISI-WoS Thomson Reuters, Scopus Elsevier)
(* journals under negotiation)
Full and Short papers submissions: April 25, 2017
Art installations, digital and media artworks’ proposals: April 25, 2017
Full and short papers notice of acceptance: May 19, 2017
Installations proposal notice of acceptance: May 19, 2017
Submission Full and Short paper final version: June 26, 2017
Early registration deadline: May 26, 2017
Pre-conference workshops: September 6, 2017
ARTECH2017 Conference: September 6-8, 2017