2017 2017 : Call for Nomination: HPDC Achievement Award Nominations
Call For Papers
HPDC Achievement Award Nominations
In 2012, HPDC established an annual achievement award, which is presented to an individual who has made long-lasting, influential contributions to the foundations or practice of the field of high-performance parallel and distributed computing (HPDC). These contributions may include one or more of the following:
- conceptual advances that have influenced the design or operation of HPDC systems or applications;
- innovative techniques or tools for the design or analysis of HPDC systems or applications;
- the design, the implementation, and the deployment of innovative (components of) HPDC systems or applications;
- the analysis of innovative (components of) HPDC systems or applications.
In selecting the achievement award recipient, the Award Selection Committee will place particular emphasis on seminal contributions and a sustained record of high impact in the field.
2016: Jack Dongarra, University of Tennessee, USA
2015: Ewa Deelman, University of Southern California, USA
2014: Rich Wolski, UC Santa Barbara, USA
2013: Miron Livny, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
2012: Ian Foster, University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory, USA
Achievement Award Talk
The award will be presented at the 26th ACM Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC-26) to be held in Washington D.C., United States, from June 26-30, 2017. The winner should be available to receive the award in person and present an achievement award talk at the HPDC-26 conference.
Nominations for the 2017 Award
Candidates may nominate a colleague by sending a letter in PDF form to email@example.com.
The letter of nomination should be about on page and contain:
- The nominee's current professional affiliation(s).
- A brief citation (thirty words or less) precisely stating the most salient reason(s) why the nominee is qualified for the award.
- A description of the technical contributions of the nominee and their significance and impact.
Nomination deadline: Monday, March 13th, 2017
2017 Award Selection Committee
The award selection committee is chaired by a member of the HPDC steering committee and includes the General Chair(s) and the Program Committee Chair(s) of the current HPDC conference, and the previous year's award winner. An award committee member cannot be a nominator or be selected as the winner.