SSIS 2017 : Summer school on Information Security 2017
Call For Papers
Along with the International Information Security 2017 (ISC’17) (link: http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/servlet/event.showcfp?eventid=60862©ownerid=95142), the Summer School on Information Security (SSIS’17) will be organized by Vietnamese German University (VGU), Viet Nam, on 28 August - 1 September, 2017, at the main VGU campus. The aim of SSIS’17 is to provide a vision about the future information security trends, as well as necessary knowledge about security and privacy issues in key systems. Moreover, SSIS’17 creates a dynamic environment for students, researchers and industries to exchange the ideas and set up research collaboration. Well-known professors and experts from the prestigious universities and industries will deliver lectures as a series of seminars including:
- Web privacy, trust computing
- Location-based service Privacy
- Security and Privacy in Internet of things
- Security and Privacy in Big Data
- Access control
- Network security
There will be a Students Poster session on research or work of participants. There will also be a social networking dinner and a free excursion. Especially, with those participants who register the two events (i.e., ISC’17 and SSIS’17), they can get a tour to Can Tho city (where they can enjoy floating market and Delta tour) sponsored by VGU. Especially, those people who sequentially attend the conference ISC'17 in Ho Chi Minh city will be supported with free VGU shuttles.
The SSIS 2017 is held at the Vietnamese-German University campus.
//// Call for participants/////
SIS 2017 is open for the master and PhD students, young researchers, lecturers and industries who are working on or interested in the fields of security and privacy. The total number of places is limited. Applicants must submit an application package via email by 30th April 2017 to SSIS2017@vgu.edu.vn. Successful candidates will be notified via email by 30th May 2017. An application package should include:
1. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2. A letter of recommendation (LoR) (for student applicants)
3. Title and abstract of the poster (for student applicants)
4. A motivation letter
The summer school on information security 2017 (SSIS '17) is a co-organized event with the International Security Conference 2017 (ISC'17), and mainly organized by Vietnamese German University (VGU), under the consultation of the ISC'17 PC chairs.
- Phong Nguyen, Inria and CSRS/JFLI (France) and the University of Tokyo (Japan).
- Masahiro Mambo, Institute of Science and Engineering, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan.
- Hung Nguyen, Vietnamese German University, Binh Duong, Vietnam.
- Martin Kappes, University of Frankfurt am Main, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Thuc Nguyen, University of Science, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam.
* Secretary Generals:
- Dung Duong, Institute of Mathematics for Industry, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Ngoc Tran, Vietnamese German University, Binh Duong, Vietnam.
- Huong Tran, Vietnamese German University, Binh Duong, Vietnam.
- Jae-Young Hur, Vietnamese German University, Binh Duong, Vietnam.
- Michel Toulouse, Vietnamese German University, Binh Duong, Vietnam.
* Local arrangement:
- Viet Ho, Vietnamese German University, Binh Duong, Vietnam.
- Anh Tran, Vietnamese German University, Binh Duong, Vietnam.