IRI WKSP 2017 : Workshops for the IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration
Call For Papers
Proposals are solicited for workshops to be held in conjunction with 18th IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration (IEEE IRI 2017), August 4-6, 2017, San Diego, California, USA. In the current information-centric IT landscape, effectively processing and integrating humungous volumes of information from diverse sources in order to enable effective decision making and knowledge generation has become one of the most significant challenges of current times. The field of Information Reuse and Integration (IRI) seeks to maximize the reuse of information by creating simple, rich, and reusable knowledge representations and consequently explores strategies for integrating this knowledge into systems and applications. IRI plays a pivotal role in the capture, representation, maintenance, integration, validation, and extrapolation of information; and applies both information and knowledge for enhancing decision-making in various application domains.
Each workshop will provide a forum to address a specific topic at the forefront of information reuse and integration. A workshop must be a full or half-day in length. All workshop papers will be included in the conference proceedings and on IEEE Xplore.
Conference website: http://www.sis.pitt.edu/iri2017/call_workshop.html
Proposals for new workshops must include:
- Workshop title
- A draft "Call for Papers" articulating the scope and topics covered by the workshop
- A brief summary and justification for the workshop, including anticipated benefits to the IRI community
- Planned activities
- Expected number of submissions and acceptance rate
- Expected number of attendees
- Program chair(s), and, if available, tentative program committee
- A one-paragraph biographical sketch of each organizer, describing relevant qualifications, including research and conference/workshop organizing experience
Please submit workshop proposals by email to the IRI Workshop Chairs:
- Massimillano Albanese, email@example.com
- Thouraya Bouabana-Tebibel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Min-Yu Day, email@example.com
All workshop proposals will be reviewed by the Workshop Chairs.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
- The workshop is within the scope of information reuse and integration and focuses on a well-defined technical topic. Preference will be given to proposals in the areas of Cyber Security, Social Networks, Internet of Things and Big Data.
- The workshop is likely to have a significant impact on the target community, including high participation.
- Submission deadline for Workshop Proposals: February 28, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance : March 04, 2017
- Deadline to setup a Workshop website: March 10, 2017