ISS4IA 2017 : International Workshop on Intelligent Systems and Services for Industrial Applications
Call For Papers
Intelligent systems are fundamental for many industrial applications, like image enhancement in consumer electronics, video based recognition of shapes for quality control, identity or behaviors recognition, audio based recognition and in general enhanced human machine interaction. They are also at the bases of process’s control, allowing for instance monitoring and rapid reaction to critical events.
Despite their diffusion, there are still many areas where intelligent systems can be successfully applied, or where their application is partial or could be extended and improved. The actual limitations of the adoptions are mainly in terms of required computational power, complexity of the architecture and deployments (e.g. Big Data Systems) or strict requirements in terms of assurance of the process and results.
Most of the actual intelligent systems are mainly deployed on premises or inside embedded device, providing advanced signal processing, decision making support, intelligent interaction, to name but a few.
Currently global information infrastructure is becoming more and more pervasive, digital business transactions are performed using a variety of mobile devices across multiple communication channels eventually in IoT environment. This foster the actual trend of offering intelligent systems as a service, allowing fast processing of data and avoiding complex on premises deployments, but introducing additional security and privacy issues that are limiting the adoption. For instance in many case image computations are demanded to a specific service offering object recognition, or stream of data analysis is obtained accessing to a Big Data as a Service system (e.g. log analysis, click streams analysis, etc.).
This workshop aims to investigate the impact of the adoption of such applied intelligent systems to solve real-life problems in all areas including industry, automation & robotics, science, medicine, bioinformatics, cyberspace, and human-machine interactions.
ISS4IA is aims to bring together top researchers both from academia and industry to stimulate research and create interdisciplinary collaboration links allowing the exploration of new frontiers in the area of multimodal environment. The proceedings will be published by Springer as book chapters in a volume of the “Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies” series, submitted for indexing in Scopus and Thomson-Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI) and the Web of Science.
The topics of interest include but are not limited to:
– Intelligent User Interfaces
– Multimedia systems
– Virtual/Augemented Reality Environments
– Web-based Intelligent User Interfaces
– Adaptive User Interaction
– Recommender services
– Multi-modal Systems
– Industrial application of Internet of things
– Assurance and compliance in industrial processes
– Big Data processing and assurance
– User Interface Privacy and Security
– Imaging for Industrial applications
– Computational Intelligence approaches in Signal Processing
– Real-time Multimedia Signal Processing
– Real-time signal compression and analysis
– Improvements in digital image acquisition pipeline
– Spatial and temporal estimation and protection of media streams
– Soft computing approaches for embedded multimedia systems
- Marco Anisetti, Università degli studi di Milano, Italy
- Valerio Bellandi, Università degli studi di Milano, Italy
- Gwanggil Jeon, Xidian University, China
Instructions for Authors
Please follow the paper preparation and submission instructions at http://iimss-17.kesinternational.org/submission.php
Accepted papers will be published by Springer Verlag, as book chapters in a volume of their Engineering Series. The proceedings will be available at the workshop.