CfW-CONCUR 2017 : Call for Workshops in The 28th International Conference on Concurrency Theory
Call For Papers
* CONCUR 2017 * THE 28TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CONCURRENCY THEORY
5-8 September 2017, Berlin, Germany
CALL FOR AFFILIATED WORKSHOPS
The 28th Conference on Concurrency Theory (CONCUR 2017) will be held from September 5th to September 8th 2017, in Berlin, Germany. It will be co-located with the 14th International Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems (QEST 2017), the 15th International Conference on Formal Modeling and Analysis of Timed Systems (FORMATS 2017), and the 14th European Performance Engineering Workshop (EPEW 2017).
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for workshops to be affiliated to CONCUR 2017, on topics related to concurrency theory and its applications. Example topics include: semantics, logics, verification techniques for concurrent systems, cross-fertilization between industry and academia and opportunities for young and prospective researchers.
Past CONCUR conferences have been accompanied by successful workshops on a variety of topics, such as formal and foundational methods, models of systems (biological, timed), security issues, semantical issues, and verification methods. You can have an idea of the past workshops by browsing the pages of the past editions of CONCUR.
The purpose of the workshops is to provide participants with a friendly, interactive atmosphere for presenting novel ideas and discussing their application.
The workshops take place on Monday, September 4th and Saturday, September 9th, 2017.
Proposals should include:
* The name and the preferred date of the proposed workshop (Sept. 4th or 9th).
* A short description of the workshop (500 words max).
* If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop,
including dates, organizers, submission and acceptance counts, and
* The expected number of participants.
* The name and short CV of the organizer(s).
* The publication plan (only invited speakers, no published proceedings, pre-/post-proceedings published with EPTCS/ENTCS/...).
The CONCUR organization offers:
* Link from the CONCUR web site.
* Setup of meeting space, and related equipment.
* On-line and on-site registration to the workshop.
* One free workshop registration (for an invited speaker).
The main responsibility of organizing a workshop goes to the workshop
* Workshop publicity (possibly including call for papers, submission
and review process).
* Scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the CONCUR
Submission of workshop proposals: by January 27th, 2017
Notification: by February 3rd, 2017
SUBMISSION TO: Kirstin Peters (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information, please contact me via email (email@example.com)
The CONCUR 2017 workshop chair,
Technische Universität Berlin