Special Session - PAAMS 2017 : Special Session on Computer vision in Multi-Agent Robotics
Call For Papers
* Special Session on Computer vision in Multi-Agent Robotics *
15th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
Polytechnic of Porto - Porto (Portugal)
21st-23rd June, 2017
[Apologies for any cross-posting]
The 15th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (PAAMS -http://www.paams.net/) will take place next June in Porto, Portugal, and will include several special sessions, namely one on Computer Vision in Multi-Agent Robotics.
This thematic session will provide an opportunity to bring together researchers with interests in computer and robot vision applied to multi-agent systems. This special session aims to receive contributions relevant to the use of vision and related sensors in robotics, as well as all issues related to robot perception.
As chairs of that special session, we would like to invite you to submit papers in the following and related areas:
* distributed sensing
* multimodal sensor fusion
* real-time and efficient solutions for multi-agent robotics
* localization and mapping
* vision based control
* object detection, segmentation and categorization
* semantic scene understanding and categorization
* perceptual strategies for human robot interaction
* robustness and generalization of algorithms to conditions and environments
* sensor calibration
Paper submission: 6th February, 2017
Notification of acceptance: 13th March, 2017
Camera ready: 27th March, 2017
* REVIEW PROCESS *
PAAMS welcomes the submission of application papers with preference to the topics listed in the call for papers. All submitted papers will undergo a thorough review process; each paper will be refereed by at least three experts in the field based on relevance, originality, significance, quality and clarity.
The papers must consist of original, relevant and previously unpublished sound research results related to any of the topics of the conference
* SUBMITTING PAPERS *
PAAMS papers must be formatted according to the Springer LNCS Template, with a maximum length of 12 pages in length, including figures and references. All proposed papers must be submitted in electronic form (PDF format) using the Paper Submission Page.
* PUBLICATION *
Accepted papers will be included in PAAMS Proceedings. At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend the symposium to present the paper in order to include the paper in the conference proceedings.All accepted papers will be published by LNCS/LNAI series of Springer Verlag.
* SPECIAL ISSUES *
Authors of selected papers from PAAMS 2017 will be invited to submit an extended and improved version to special issue in diffetent journals.
- Special Issue on Journal of Data Science and Analytics
Authors of selected papers from PAAMS 2017 and Co-located Events will be invited to submit an extended and improved version to a special issue published on Journal of Data Science and Analytics.
- Authors of selected papers from PAAMS 2017 and Co-located Events will be invited to submit an extended and improved version to a Special Section published in Neurocomputing (JCR Impact Factor: 2.392).
- Authors of selected papers from PAAMS 2017 and Co-located Events will be invited to submit an extended and improved version to a Special Issue published in the International Journal of Knowledge and Information Systems -KAIS- (JCR Impact Factor: 1.702).
Our best Regards,
Antonio J. R. Neves (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Angel D. Sappa (email@example.com)